Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru's In PA

Eastern PA clearly outweighs the western end for Subathusiasts.

That's too bad,because it keeps Skip from meeting up with us all too often.But on the good side,we folks from CT and lower NY can all meet easily enough at Pine Barrens,or somewhere in the NJ/northeastern PA area.

I've held back from starting a Pine Barrens Run/Meet.

Think it's time???Still nice 'n slushy,gooey,wet,wild.....etc..

Beats sucking sand dust when it all goes dry....trust me,from now on if it's dry I'm bringing dust masks of some sort.cough....cough....:-p

Eastern PA has places like Pottsville where you still see plenty of 80's Subarus on the road.And there's Harry's and all sorts of great little yards.The last stronghold of older Subarus in the northeast.

If you guys have you own get together please let me know.

I am about 70 mi. south of philly near b-more. I bought my first sube about nine months ago and now own two(one that doesn't "work" right now). I jumped on this thread 'cause you guys seem to be the closest Subiacs I might find. Just wanted to say hey and would like ot get to know some of you in the area.

As Moosens pointed out,

the east out shines the west here in Penn's woods.

Matt., me (near Latrobe) and a couple other new gen guys try and hold the fort. Fort Duquesne that is.

But also as the wise Moose says, if you get a chance to make a Pine Barrens run

(home to the Jersey Devil)

you will happy you did,

I made the mecca once and it is was a blast.

i'm technically in MD but 20 minutes south of gettysburg so i live only a few minutes from PA, in "the south". and baltimore guy, there are a few maryland members but not many active ones. i have a blue 1997 OBS just like you. actually three but one's a 98.

I'm in Norristown, about 30 minutes (depending upon traffic on the Blue Route) from Swarthmore.

I'm hoping to get to Carlisle. I've attended several times with my Volvo; I'd show up with the Subaru this year if I make it. It seems that Mother Nature saves the heaviest rains of the summer for the Carlisle weekend.

Rob

I'm located in Pittston...right between Wilkes-Barre & Scranton.

Pauleyburger...I think Barrens run is in order soon. Also, TROGDOR! will be with me the 2nd weekend of April if peeps wanna meet or what not we'll be hitting Harry's (Hazelton).(as the time approaches I can give a better idea of what time we'd be there.)