Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How rare are the Gl-10 sedan?

I just replaced to govenor gear on my 86 GL10. I bought it last October, but I havent benn able to drive it until last weekend. I love that thing! It drives so nice, and the interior is nice, comfortable and queit. Mine is grey with a grey interior. It is push button four wheel drive with the turbo motor. It has some surface rust, but I would like to fix it and keep it. Also, when the front lip of the foam spoiler gets wet, it bubbels up! Is that normal? Kurt

the foglights come on when the headlights are on and the switch is pressed downward dot side down...

i like the foam spoiler and i hate it... i believe min was a culprit in a rust problem on my trunklid right next to the latch.. so fiberglass, bondo and alot of sanding and viola... no flexing and and no water leak

its just glued on basically... mine was starting to pull up in a few spots on the leading edge

rllywgn

Really nice looking car! I had those Subaur fog lights on my gl wagon! I got them off of a justy I think, but I'm pretty sure that whoever put them on the justy got them off of an XT6. They were sweet. IPFs if I am not mistaken. I busted mine off on the beach or something.

Oh good - I won't be the only one in the world putting XT6 spots on an EA82. Those pics look pretty good.

i think they were an option for any subaru... when i bought my RX turbo it had 48k miles, one elderly owner and a complete subaru dealer labor history.. it was amazing... the jewel box for the key was still there, all the interior safety stickers and the orignal window sticker in the glove box.. im almost possitive it was all stock... only dissapointment was the hubcaps, rx style though...

if anyone in the near future has a set of 5 lug alloys they want to trade for my enkei motion wheels let me know... just a thought

rllywgn

If anyone is interested in buying one of these rare cars, Colin Edge has one in the classifieds. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54255

Thanks Jack.

My GL-10 came from Pennsylvania. Digital dash, trip computer, digital temperature, converted to non air ride, pushbutton 4wd, power windows and locks, sunroof, alloy wheels, turbo, white with blue interior. Great car, just 1. I'm not a Subaru guy and 2. Don't have the money for 3 project cards and a daily driver, haha!

Awesome car though, I had all the parts to do a WRX turbo conversion, then sold them. Would have been cool, but ohwell. Hopefully one of you guys can carry the torch and tow this baby out with all the parts to make this thing super reliable!