Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what $100 buys you

no the house or the trailer.....:rolleyes:

but the hatch:grin:

1987 GL

ea81 4speed DR, runs good 75psi oil press and dosnt overheat.....

needs a strut.(i know i know lift and tires:rolleyes:)

anyway i use it to pull my work trailer dos a good job anyway i didnt think it was to bad for 100 bucks

bought a 85 ea82 for $100 needed a timing belt,

paid $40 for another EA82 Auto wagon needed a front hub , drove it home,

just picked up a 87 EA82 wagon 4x4 spfi with dualrange, this one was free , needed a clutch cable , and battery , ,

my white car I got for trade subbie parts,

my old red car got it free , had no engine or front nose ,

got another 91 loyale free has a toasted engine,

etc.....

etc.....

Unfortunately I just moved to Austin, TX where the huge students/slacker population causes any old beater from the 80s to easily fetch 150% of KBB value. If the thing will drive from dorm to school to record store it's sold. I wish I had stocked up on Soobs when I was still in Boise. You guys in the Northwest should consider yourselves lucky.

Unfortunately I just moved to Austin, TX where the huge students/slacker population causes any old beater from the 80s to easily fetch 150% of KBB value. If the thing will drive from dorm to school to record store it's sold. I wish I had stocked up on Soobs when I was still in Boise. You guys in the Northwest should consider yourselves lucky.

Agreed.

Tacoma to Dallas was a huge change as well.. No soobs or parts:(

I am certain these old soobs are going up in value here too. I just found an old non-inspectable wagon so rusted the rocker panel was non-existent (unibody important part there!), the dealer wanted not only cost of car but doc fees. I gave away an old soob that looked better than what I have been finding for sale.....I suppose it is common sense. Even these old EA82's with errors do better efficiently than a brand new subaru "hot rod".

Who wants my 93 sedan (I got for free) for $12000 :lol: