Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another stolen car alert--Bothell, WA

This is not a member of the Board as far as I know, but we had a home invasion robbery in our neighborhood (not us) this past weekend and in the process, the burgler made off with a 1999 Subaru Impreza, license plate 518URY. As soon as the Seattle Times transfers today's news to their archives, I'll post the link. If you spot the car, call 911 and report it.

Update: Car was recovered on 3/17 undamaged in Seattle. Police are looking for the thieves since the car was stolen at gunpoint in a home invasion robbery. It got a fair amount of time on last evening's 11 o'clock news.

RECOVERED!:banana:

Update: Car was recovered on 3/17 undamaged in Seattle. Police are looking for the thieves since the car was stolen at gunpoint in a home invasion robbery. It got a fair amount of time on last evening's 11 o'clock news. It might be repeated on the Saturday morning news; locals might catch it on Channel 5.

let's hope that the victims just happened to own a subaru and that there are not gun toting criminals invading homes to steal subarus!!!!

RECOVERED!:banana:

Update: Car was recovered on 3/17 undamaged in Seattle. Police are looking for the thieves since the car was stolen at gunpoint in a home invasion robbery. It got a fair amount of time on last evening's 11 o'clock news. It might be repeated on the Saturday morning news; locals might catch it on Channel 5.

let's hope that the victims just happened to own a subaru and that there are not gun toting criminals invading homes to steal subarus!!!!
No, this was the result of a double home invasion. It started around the corner from my house about a half mile away around midnight last weekend. Two guys, armed with rifles, went to a house there and tried to rob the renter who lived there. The thieves roused a local dog and his owner went out to see what was going on which caused one of the robbers to flee leaving his buddy behind. My neighbor retreated and called 911. The first robber then broke into another house and forced the owners to give him the keys to their Impreza at gunpoint. He then came back to pick up his buddy and they both go away. By the time the police arrived, they were both gone. Oddly enough, Channel 5 broadcast some mini-mart photos of these two guys so they were apparently involved in another incident earlier. So far they haven't been caught. I don't think they were targeting the subaru owner; I'm familiar with the car having driven by it frequently. The owners keep it parked on a slab in front of their house and it was likely the first car this guy saw out in the open and he decided this was the one for some reason. Who knows what prompted this although I suspect they had a reason for targeting the first home.