Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Worst color?

I kinda like the brown myself....and that funky green they had back in the 80's was cool in my opinion. I once got a door for my 79 wagon from a doaner that as my dad called it "calf $hit green"...yeah that was dina ugly. Brown does hide the rust pretty well though.

how could you not like brown:D

buratt007.jpg

i think white, usually it makes subes look plain and boring.

Wow! That is a really nice looking brat!

I like white on subes. I think it goes with the white wagon wheels.

I also like green both the dark, moss color and the light metallic. Although you never see either around here.

Maroon. Totally an "old man" color. Any red that's not bright retina-scorching #FF0000 red just ain't gonna cut it for me.

White and silver are pretty boring colors but not as aggressively unpleasant as maroon.

I actually really liked the light metallic green. Any green that's not remotely "teal" is AOK with me. (ie, everything more towards yellow than blue)

I'm not a fan of burgandy/maroon on any car. It doesn't look any worse on a subaru than it does on any other. But yeah, its pretty bad. I too kinda like the light metallic green but maybe its cuz I had never seen it until quite recently.

My girlfriend says her sister had an old sube (not sure what kind or how old) that was kind of a dark greenish blue. I have pointed out several subes and said "is that it?" and she always says no. It could have been custom painted by a previous owner or it could be that I just haven;t seen one yet.

c'mon, how could you guys not like maroon!?:lol: :lol: sorry i had to do it:

hatchb006.jpg

Actually that is a really nice looking car! The other maroon "rule beater" is the ea82 turbo GL10 out west that I have seen pics of. He's got "motion" rims and it looks great. Oh, and Bucky 92's coupe. It could be poo-brown with vomit green polka dots and it would still be pretty.

sold that one to mr. fishums and it is getting hopped up real nice, in the end, the ea81 motor he is building is supposed to be putting out around 120hp (+/-) :eek: and that is without a turbo or supercharger. that car was a beauty, not a spec of rust on it:D came from Oregon, gotta love the west coast.