Ultimate Subaru Message Board

me and a friend are replacing all the things that go along with replacing a timing belt etc.

i already had a mechanic replace the timing belt and a gear when my car broke down and i needed it done but now i dont have the money for a prof. to do it....and i found a friend with enough time to do it for me....

picture problems go here:

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=548832254&photoID=2061809330053449880&security=WvSDyU

by the way this is someone elses picture from the board...i think a legacy however similiar if not alike to my engine i just edited what parts i had done (belt and gear)

i wanna replace all the things that should be replaced...but dont know all the correct names for the parts when i order them and i dont wanna leave anything out

i was figuring ill have all the tensioners, idlers, oil pump, water pump, seals and the o-ring

i already have a new belt in there and a new gear (shown above) but what are the correct names for all the other pulleys n such...and what else have i missed that should be changed

i wanna replace all the things that should be replaced...but dont know all the correct names for the parts when i order them and i dont wanna leave anything out

i was figuring ill have all the tensioners, idlers, oil pump, water pump, seals and the o-ring

i already have a new belt in there and a new gear (shown above) but what are the correct names for all the other pulleys n such...and what else have i missed that should be changed

You might want to give these folks a call:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/index.php

...and ask them to build a 'kit' for you.

Rob Kuhlman

here are the part numbers for the legacy, they are basically the same engine

go to 1stsubaruparts.com they have good prices and great shipping time

13073 AA142 Idler rollers (2)

13069 AA 037 Timing Belt Tensioner

13085 AA080 Roller Idler

13028 AA102 Timing Belt

21111 AA007 Water Pump

Oil pump seal