Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Opinions wanted: Best parts place

I just saw a listing for <http://www.newsubaru.com> that someone on the board highly recommended. I also know about <subaruparts.com> and <1stsubaruparts.com>. I have tried all three and was just curious if anyone knew of any others. The thing that bothers me about all three of the aforementioned is the fact that you have to know the part number, but they do not have anyway for a person to look it up themselves.:banghead:

Check out Discount Parts aka Libery suabru in NJ 1-888-782-9493 and tell them what you want and they will give you an estimate and part #. Dan Perkins Subaru in CT. ask for John 800-6545354 and tell him what you are looking for and after he gives you the regular price tell him you've been shopping on line with 1stSubaruparts.com etc. You may have to pay shipping but usually not tax so sometimes it's a wash.

I probably just re-discovered this site -- somebody must have mentioned it before. But today I spent an hour or so surfing through it to get part numbers. It's "The End Wrench", a Subaru tech site. Follow the links to N.E.W Horizons Dealers, there's about 40 listed and most of them have the same OEM parts engine. Part numbers and everything.....

Most of them show list price, but I noticed that a few of them are discounted. Nort Park Subaru in Texas was one.

http://www.endwrench.com/pages/home.html

The End Wrench site has a lot of interesting tech notes, but most of them are for Legacies/Imprezas/Foresters. A few tips for Loyale models. Interesting reading....

-- Mark

Why do you have to know the part number??

Out of the places you mentioned I only have experience with http://www.1stsubaruparts.com. They certainly do have a way to find the part you are looking for. It doesn't tell you the part # but it tells them what you want, via the internet, neat. Try this:

Parts Illustration

Just dig around a little more, you can find what you want, although it's not the easiest website to navigate.

Good luck.

Unfortunatly, none of these guys have everything. Believe it or not, there are still some dealer only parts. The water control valve for the heater at a cool 100.00 bucks is one.:banghead: However where I live, heat is not an option. It does no good to replace the heater core and not do the valve. Mine leaked as soon as I reinstalled it. It was corroded where the actuator went through the housing which means the packing was shot. I went without it until the new one arrived at the dealership 65 miles one way away. It heated like crazy, but only full blast, nice when you leave in the morning, windows down and t-tops open on the return trip.:banana:

So far I've had good luck with Ty Subaru, now Rally Subaru, Windsor Locks, CT. Their phone number is 860-64-1600. They'll order anything, and if they have parts on the shelf no one is going to need for the forseeable future they'll cut a great deal. However the dealership changed hands last week--the people in the parts dept. are still the same but I don't know about policy. The same goes for Bertera Subaru in West Springfield, MA--but I no longer buy from them after having a rotten experience buying a car there. I only go for 360 parts when absolutely necessary.