Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wrx motor into ea82?????

86ruguy

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure someone will complain about my response, but seriously...

Search through this subforum for EJ swap info. Its here by the buttload.

Also look for stuff from Dr. RX

Look for threads about the UltimateRX

Heck I'm not complaining, you gave me top billing, twice. :lol: Seriously, putting a WRX engine into an EA82 series car is no different the putting an EJ22 N/A into the same series car, both have been done by many people here on the board.

How about an SVX engine into an EA82? Or just Baja the HELL out of an SVX! (Maybe after a WRX Tranny Swap!!!)

Ahhh, I'll go back to sleep now...

The main problem with the 6 cylinders is their length, that tends to cause a major relocation of the radiator. The WRX tranny swap would be only a little harder then an EJ N/A series tranny since it is hydraulic (some N/A trannies are too), put putting a cable release clutch EJ tranny would be the easiest, since the EA series uses a cable release clutch.

i measured my svx motor and an ea82... and you would have crank pully sticking out the grill,,, maybe with a big lift. a tcase set up with everyhting moved back as far as possilbe. and and and and... oh never mind its a bad idea......

now ive seen some pix of an tt svx motor in a wrx..... not shure if it up and running but a check of nasioc would tell you but again what a waist of time...:rolleyes:

the ej motors all are pretty much the same length from tranny to crank pulley, the only thing that really differs is the height of the heads, and the gasket......which is like maybe a 1/4'' difference between smallest-biggest. the only other obstacle is the whole SOHC, or DOHC issue, which really shouldnt be a problem.

~Josh~