Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rogue Roo's trail trip, 22nd Nov

I've already got one on the Brat. :D as they are required on the Oregon Dunes.

But I have some bad news. I'm locked in for drill on the 22nd and 23rd. Gotta be there. I'm starting to think I shoulda waited another 2 weeks to re-up, but I wanted to get that nice bonus. I can however come over to your place in the evening when I get done at the armory. I should be done around 6ish with any luck.

I wil be off on Friday, but I don't know if Brian is planing to come up for this or not, if so we need to check with him too.

I'm thinking we should invite Jessy (the guy in Central Point with the wrecked turbo wagon) and see if he wants to come out and play with the "Rogue Roo's":D

Kewl, Friday works for me, I found out I don't have to be in untill Sat. morning, so I got all day on Friday.

Now whot kinda run are we gonna be doin? Cause we've got a lot of stockers runnin with us, (not that thats a problem). Still don't know if I can have the Brat operational by then or not, we'll see what I can pull outa my @$$.

I think Jessy may be all talk:-p He was telling me all about how he is out 4wheelin' all the time, and how he can go ANY WHERE. Then I called tonight to invite him, and hes all "Uhhh...well....I need some new tires...and my front end is all mesed up -n- stuff"

So he is not wanting to come out and play:rolleyes:

So what kinda trip are we gonna go on? Some tight technical rutty stuff? Or bombing through the woods rallye stuffs? Depending on whot we're gonna get into will decide which rig I'm going to be bringing out there.

Cause John's Peak has an OHV park, If'n we're going to go there you'll prolly need a permit, Class II permits usually run about 10-11 bucks depending on where you go. I've already got one, as they are required on the dune (have I said that already?), If'n you need one, you can go to Backbird or G.I. Joe's, they sell em there. I would get one now so that you don't have to track one down on Memorial Day weekend for the annual dunes trip (most places in Oregon are sold out of permits that weekend).

Ohkay, I read through the Parks Dept. web page, and permits ARE REQUIRED to run in the John's Peak OHV complex. I think that we all prolly fall well under the max 99Db sound level for our vehicles, as even without a muffler Soobs are still quieter than that. (The dunes requires vehicles to be less than 93Db).

On a side note, a lot of the area's require permits to run. As for our trouble last weekend, I'm going to get a key to the ponds later this month, or early next month, as they will be good and sloppy by Jan, and they are trying to set it up so that you need a permit on the vehicle in the ponds, ain't nothing really though. Also the McGrew Trail System that I want to run next summer also requires a permit. So shell out that 10 bucks and get one on the back of your rig. Rogue Roo's requirement is that the permit be places near the model designation badge on the right rear of the vehicle, permit.jpg This is so that we all have em in the same place that way there are no mistakes when the Ranger comes around, last thing we want is to be hassled by the Fuzz when we'd rather be wheeling.

I'm also going to be getting some decals made up before the Dunes trip so that everyone knows who we are. And for a heads up, way in the advance, (I'm going to write an official post closer to the date) Memorial weekend is the 28th-31st, I am going to be putting in the reservations for the campsite in Feb cause they fill up pretty fast after that. Prolly going to be set up for 10-15 rigs, so that if the HP or OORSA want to come down they'll have places with us. Ohkay, gonna go now, been long winded enough already. (Who's idea was it to put the military guy in charge anyways?)

sweet!! hope to get robert on line by then and get a skid plate set up on the '75 maybe some lights too. prolly go and get OHV tag in the morning. Matt want me to pick one up 4 you as well?

anyone know a good place to attach a street sign on a '75 to be a quick skid plate??

- mike

I'm cool with that! I'll go and get mine tomorow;)

Adam usto run a STOP sign for a skid plate, so I will defer to him on mounting options.

I may have found us 2 new members, and they have(between the 2 of them) over 15 Subaru parts cars!!!!!:eek: The guy I talked to is interested in coming on the trip. I will keep U guys posted.

went by central point auto wreckers today just for fun

and they have a '79 wagon runner/driver missing the windshield

with a rebuilt engine he said. i started talking to them about it

turns out they're using it as a yard car maybe someone could

talk them out of it(if anyone wants one)?

got my off-road tires today as well :D anybody know off-hand

which pertronix part # fits soobs or are they all the same?

- mike

Welp, I'm still in a bit of a pickle. I'm hopeing that I can come up with some cash before next weekend. As it is right now, I had to drain the gas in the Brat so that I could keep the coupe going. Although I will be out there, I dunno whot I'm bringing yet.

Oh yeah, for the permit, make sure that you have the VIN of the vehicle your getting it for with you. I know most of you have your rigs as daily drivers so it prolly ain't much of a problem. Jes makin sure though.

Ohkay Dokey, who's got a free seat for the trip, I'm gonna be a ride along, camcorder in hand! The Brats gonna be down till the first of the year, I've got the studs on the clutch plate diggin into the flywheel, and don't want to mess up the flywheel too much more than it already is.

Either way, I'm gonna be in a Soob, with other Subahoics, so it don't matter too much if I'm in my own rig or not, AAAHHH, I can't believe it's only Tuesday!!!