Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HELP! ej25 head gaskets/timing belt procedure

I have a 96 outback with the ej25 dohc engine, i have removed the engine as suggested have the timing covers off and the valve covers off and am ready to take the timing belt off but i dont want to mess up this interference engine, have been searching posts with no luck to find a clear description of how to remove the timing belt correctly as to not let the cams spin causeing the valves to hit the the piston or each other. this is the information i need, if any one knows how or can point me in a specific direction to find this info i would greatly appreciate it:

-procedure to remove timing belt correctly

-anyting to be carefull of while removing t-belt and heads

-torque sequence and specs for torqing my heads

-procedure to re-install my timing belt correctly

this information, a link, or a specific direction to where to find this info would be awesome, i have a chiltons manual but it covers 11 years of cars and 12 different models and is vague and not very descriptive.

thank you for your help this site is awesome and i give tons respect to those who answer us not so informed suby ownwers like my self. thanks.:horse:

that is a very helpful posting but i cant get any of the end wrench articles to come up on my computer. if there is any way you could e-mail me them that would be very helpful, my email adress is rideordice@hotmail.com thanks for the help

It's 7 pages of PDF and pictures. I can't do anything for you, perhaps someone else can.

Is it just that you don't have Adobe? It's a free download here: http://www.freedownloadhq.com/Acrobat.html

It's worth it, the endwrench article goes into painful detail with a lot of pictures.