Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bay Area Meet... Early May?

Ok guys, my car is running so there is no excuse now. Im willing to travel to the bay area to meet some of you oldschool guys out there. Looks like everyone is busy in April, so how about we plan for something early May?

Would also like to plan something central to us all. Maybe we can do a drive in Napa Valley. I know of some awesome roads out that way, also know of some good places in Sonora... but that maybe too far for some to drive.

Lets start brainstorming. I want everyone there! :)

-Brian

Last impreza meet i went to in the bay area had a few hundred. All impreza's, was like looking in a mirror, facing another mirror. Just rows of impreza's.

Never again.

This will be a USMB member meet.

-Brian

I'll come if I can go look at all the impreza's!! That'd be a fun meet.:brow::D

Okay... so looks like i got all BUT the bay area folk attending.

How about it you guys? Buddy, NuclearBacon, Russ?

-Brian

yeah I lagged. sorry Brian.

probelm with us bay area guys is we have to work all the time to afford to live here and afford our sube habbits(and toyotas and vws and go carts and mountian bikes)you get the picture.

I will try to make it depending on the day you decide on. things are still looking good in early may.

I vote for the first saturday in may. I dont care where. I can drive.

my wife will still be out of town so she wont care what im doing.

But as soon as I get my truck running I need to run out to New Mexico to pick up an RX and some parts that are being held for me by a very patient board member. that is my first priority. so in the unlikly event that the truck happens to run right before that weekend you will have to count me out.

Russ

I'd be up for a Bay Area meet, and perhaps a Reno meet. Assuming of course that new gens are allowed! :eek: Perhaps we could do an offroad drive along with the meet?

BTW, the more street oriented SubaruForester.com is meeting on May 13th in the north bay: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/forums/showthread.php?t=1129

All Subarus are welcome!

If your a member of the USMB you are more than welcome to come. Probably wont be any offroading as I'll be in the RX. It doesnt agree with the dirt right now. Would like to find a nice scenic drive somewhere. I know of some great places up here and around the sierra's, but not many in the bay.

-Brian

meeting with the forester crew would be cool....or

If you want roads down here to run I would sugest mount Hamilton as thats my home turf (and I happen to know the one cop that patrols it:burnout:)

we could run from highway 5 up and over. or from my side back.

just a thought for those of you who may want to go a bit faster on some twisties.

I dont care really its up to Brian as he started this thread and Is putting forth the most effort.

Beautiful pictures they have posted on Subaru forester. http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/forums/showpost.php?p=19760&postcount=42 How do we get there? Sure beats the crappy Nevadan skyline:dead: Geez i hate it here!

That is Fish Rock Road, near Gualala, California. It is a great rally style road, with lots of redwoods!