Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gauge cluster mod!

I got this DL gauge cluster from Tom's Brats the other day and when I got home, I noticed the speedo neeldle was bent. So I pulled it apart and I figured it was metal like the other two gauges (temp and fuel) so I wnt to bend it back and SNAP! A few not so friendly words later, I knew I could fix it. So I went into my garage where I had this late 80s Honda Accord cluster lying there. Bingo, a needle but it was white. Meh oh well. I had to modify the metal rod coming out of the gauge itself in order to fit it (I had some rubbing issues at about 70mph) and bam, it was all good. But it looked funny with 2 orange needles and one white one. So what did I do? Busted out the white out! About 10 minutes later, I had matching gauges. I actually like the white better, especially since I also put in some blue bulds instead of the stock white bulbs. Now I need to snap a few pics of it and show them and then get it hooked up:headbang: