Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 loyale skid plate/brush bar? help!

Hello.

How do I go about creating a skid plate and finding a brush bar for my 91 loyale wagon. Its bone stock and I want to enhance its offroad capability. Dont want to tear of my oil pan and a brush bar just looks awsome.

Aslo, whats the diff between EA81 and EA82. Do I have one of these?

Hello.

How do I go about creating a skid plate and finding a brush bar for my 91 loyale wagon. Its bone stock and I want to enhance its offroad capability. Dont want to tear of my oil pan and a brush bar just looks awsome.

loyals are usually EA82 spfi motors

as for the brush guard and skid plate.

the EA82 cars (like yours) did have a simple skid plate stock. your car has none? then you need to look for one or fab up a real heavy duty one as the stock one is easily sdmashed on big rocks. Bumpers can be fabed by a good welder. I made my brush guard out of steel and its not much heavyer than the stock bumper.

Your 91 Loyale is an ea82. The ea82 has an over head cam where as the ea81 does not (ie: no timing belts)

There are supplyers like AA and mudrat that make aftermarket products. Then there is the junk yards for used stock parts.

Put an ad in the wanted parts section and check the 4 sale section.

Build you own?

Hello.

thanks for the help, i wasnt aware i had a skidplate. Im new to the suby thing, its my first car.

So I guess I can remove the stock skidplate and get a metal worker to copy the design with a 1/4 peice of steel and it should bolt right on eh?