Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will 06 WRX calipers and rotors fit an 02?

FBEANSSUBARU

The subaru sti 4-pots & 2-pots are what come on the 06.

The front 4-pots will bolt onto the 02's without any issues. You will need a 17" wheel to clear the calipers though. The stock 02 wheels will rub the calipers.

In the rear, it's not so simple. The mounting position for the 2-pots is different. The easiest thing to do is find a used spindle from an 06 and swap it onto the 02. Otherwise, you have to press the bearing out of the hub, and swap backing plates. In doing so, you'll need to replace the wheel bearing, because they typically come apart when they're pressed out.

There has been talk about making a bracket for the rears, so the 2-pots just bolt on. Whether that's available, I'm not sure. You may want to search the brakes & susp. forum on nasioc http://forums.nasioc.com/forums

The subaru sti 4-pots & 2-pots are what come on the 06.

The front 4-pots will bolt onto the 02's without any issues. You will need a 17" wheel to clear the calipers though. The stock 02 wheels will rub the calipers.

In the rear, it's not so simple. The mounting position for the 2-pots is different. The easiest thing to do is find a used spindle from an 06 and swap it onto the 02. Otherwise, you have to press the bearing out of the hub, and swap backing plates. In doing so, you'll need to replace the wheel bearing, because they typically come apart when they're pressed out.

There has been talk about making a bracket for the rears, so the 2-pots just bolt on. Whether that's available, I'm not sure. You may want to search the brakes & susp. forum on nasioc http://forums.nasioc.com/forums

Thank you, your absolutey write regarding the fronts and the 17" wheel clearence issue. A local guy put the 06s on his 02 and said he could barely fit a penny between the caliper and the rim. We are actually building this kit to sell wholesale as well, but I want to offer it for the rears as well so I will do my homework on the bracket, Im hoping someone sees this that has made these brackets for the rear as we will purchase them in bulk for purpose of the kit. I really appreciate the help Legacy777!