Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey, just wondering I know that there are not many out there but are subaru fans... always looking to find a 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8L 5sp? How much does it run for if it has 183 on the body but 103 on engine... Everything is in good condition and it is very clean. Just wondering what this would run for and do people usually only want the newer imprezas?

you can go to kbb.com to find the price for it probally going to run about 2,000 or so not sure though since it depends where you live. not sure if there is a lot of people wanting that type of car but if it runs good and looks good it should be a easy car to sell.

good luck

actually I was thinking about buyin the car... driving it for a yr and half and reselling it with about 145,000 miles on the engine prolly what 200 sumtin on body... I was wondering like are people lookin for this car. Is this considered a rare car because it's the first yr they made the impreza?

depends how abused it was.....normally ppl like to pick them up off of little old ladies...who never had the engine replaced or even though it could go bad...haha just my thoughts tho...when i see a car for sale that has a new engine or newtranny i just see some as*hole like myself jumping the railroad tracks on the way to work

ur only a state away from me (pa) haha i'd swap u my g/fs fwd 93 impreza 143,000 miles for it...plus some cash

well to be honest with you... the subaru owner is the second owner, he brought it off a lil old lady... prolly not odl but he brought it off of his professor who was a lady and teaching at mit. Anyways yeah I'm gonan go check out the car tmrw actually, I'm prolly gonna get a good price for it IF theres not much competition, but there is right..? I mean if everythign is cool, there is a demand for that car is there? It's pretty hooked up, I'll tel you more if you uhh msg me right now now DAMAN3787 on aim.

first year they made impreza's were 93...and the car isnt rare its just old....but depending on how it drives and how much they want it may be a good deal

sure he'll tell u subarus last forever....but cars break ...and when its not maintained well it breaks early

Actually basically I'm lookin for a car that would last me a yr and a half and I would be bale to sell it after use .. I ahve $1700, If you can find anything let me know, thanks. I will be using the car for commute 70 miles a day, Thanks.

That's exactly the car I have, 95 Impreza, 1.8, 5 spd. Not even all wheel drive, which actually after reading some horror stories about torque and trannies Etcetera etcetera, I'm kind of glad. Either way, I purchased mine for 3,000 dollars about a year and 3 months ago. I've only done oil changes and 1 set of brakes, and my CV joints needed replaced so I replaced both front half-shafts a.k.a. front axles, at once for preventative maintenence. Other than that, runs like a pro. I bought the car with 99,000 miles on it, minus a couple miles over, like 99,127 or something close to that. In this year and 3 month period, I have put 22,000 miles on the car. It is now up to 121,000 exactly because I just changed oil yesterday as a matter of fact. (I guess you could call it O.C.D. that I change my oil religiously at the 3,000 mile mark.)Have only put 1 set of tires on it also...other than that no problem with it at all. The lady I purchased it off of is about 50 years old, and she had it for about 2 years give or take, and she was given the car by her daughter, who is a high up with the NBC television channel executives. So needless to say the car has never been beatin. So I would say if you can find a good one, stick with it, I wouldn't think you would be sorry. Just my 1,600 cents on the matter. (sorry for the long post)

Regards,

Brandon

Imprezas seem to be rare because most people who own one tend to keep it. I was looking for better than 6 months before I found what I was looking for. Every day lots of Legacies on craigsist and no Imprezas. Finally found one at a decent price too.

Imprezas seem to be rare because most people who own one tend to keep it. I was looking for better than 6 months before I found what I was looking for. Every day lots of Legacies on craigsist and no Imprezas. Finally found one at a decent price too.

Personally I think legacies are ugly, they look like station wagons, subaru's look ill cuz they all resemble somewhat of the new wrx. Anyways my preferences.

Dude,

You'll get nowhere around here insulting Legacies... Old Impreza's are fun/cool cars. Do realize that the 1.8 equipped versions, even with the MT are pretty slow. This especially applies on the highways. They make fun around towners, but owing to how underpowered they are they are less than ideal commuters. They are pigs on gas.

On the upside they've kind of bottomed out as far as deprication goes and are now starting to increase in value. Lots of people want them for swaps.

P.S. by the sounds of things you might be happier in a CRX or maybe a sweet 'teg...:rolleyes:

hope it works out for ya.

They are pigs on gas.
I've actually been wondering aout this. I was sorta under the impression that a FWD, 5-manual, EJ-18 Impreza would be pretty frugal on fuel. Weight is what, mid-2600 lbs. range? It's gotta be capable of 26-27 city, no?

Does anybody have one that can comment on fuel economy?

**** ******!

Because they are so, ahem, gutless the gearing is very tall. If you stick to 100-110 kms they are quite good. If you try to run actual highway speeds mileage drops off significantly. My FWD auto 2.2 legacy was way better on gas. My car ran fine and had no cels