Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who's got a winch?

scoobyclimbs

hydraulic winches are cool, except when u drown ur soob, your fixing it in the mudhole..:rolleyes:

When in doubt check it out before running the hole! I always check it out before .depth, obstacles hidden. Perhaps another rig goes before then you can guage abit how much clearance you need or a better line. No shame in gettin out of you soob and walking up and poking a stick in that hole just to be safe ...

I mean most serious boaters have a depth finder/maps/channels/markers to navigate with. just common sense...

Perhaps a snorkel is in your best interest if your drowning your soob and/or more lift to keep that dist. dry.

hydraulic winches are cool, except when u drown ur soob, your fixing it in the mudhole..:rolleyes:

That's shouldn't happen with a proper snorkel system. If it does then resort to the come along. No other choice. My disty has never been wet - I use the ND, so my gasket actually works. The hitachi's get nasty wet inside - near impossible to seal them.

The Electric variety are not really supposed to be operated under water - the hydraulic on the other hand work quite well.

GD