Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX modification info

I've been working my way down that list.. have a few of the engine mods done (ones that don't require new parts). if those are Subaru part numbers, has anyone tried to track down any parts?

also, from what ive heard there is a few more pages floating around somewhere. no luck finding them though...

on the pages concerning the turbo mods, there is a section on removing the boost selenoid (that thing inline from the turbo to wastegate on 87 and newer models). does anyone have an idea why you would need a turbo from a 85/86 model to replace 87 and newer turbo's? is the wastegate different?

also.. anyone done the wastegate mod with the adjustable turnbuckle?

rllywgn

on the pages concerning the turbo mods, there is a section on removing the boost selenoid (that thing inline from the turbo to wastegate on 87 and newer models). does anyone have an idea why you would need a turbo from a 85/86 model to replace 87 and newer turbo's? is the wastegate different?

also.. anyone done the wastegate mod with the adjustable turnbuckle?

rllywgn

You must have mis-read.87 turbos don`t get replaced w/86s.

All turbos get replaced w/the sport model.

No difference between 86-7 wastegate acuators but the rally mod uses a different one.

on pages 23 and 24 it states some mods to the intake

I understand the removal of the so called "snorkel" but what is this part about the intake boot mod? I know wich part they mean, the protruding piece of plastic, but what to do with it?

who knows?

yeah intake mod on the "cup".. flip it around, cut it so its about 3/4 inch tall and remount it with the "cup" base inward.. smooths out the intake flow.

this works well with removing the intake box inside the passenger fender. also, and not for the squeamish... cut the bottom of the air box out, cheap open air in a sense, add the k&n filter 33-2010 for best results :brow:

rllywgn

No good

The parts dont exist in their parts books.

Interestingly, the ecus in the parts book were numbered 22611AA*** (there was about 20 of them), our rally ecu had a part no. of 22611AA580, but wasnt in the book

What is 82 Kpa in psi?

Gannon