Ultimate Subaru Message Board
ple1ades

RX modification info

AWESOME!! it starts out prety cool listing modifications but then the cool parts with #'s (not liek they're available:( ) sport ecu, suspension& mounts, strut tower bar, body reinforcement, under gaurd.

all i can say is :slobber: :slobber: :slobber: :slobber:

I've been working my way down that list.. have a few of the engine mods done (ones that don't require new parts). if those are Subaru part numbers, has anyone tried to track down any parts?

also, from what ive heard there is a few more pages floating around somewhere. no luck finding them though...

yea good info. Gives me a bunch of ideas for my 88 RX coupe sitting at the shop with the engine pulled with blown HG's. I got all the parts, cept for a new oil pan (old mechanic musta dropped this engine)

on the pages concerning the turbo mods, there is a section on removing the boost selenoid (that thing inline from the turbo to wastegate on 87 and newer models). does anyone have an idea why you would need a turbo from a 85/86 model to replace 87 and newer turbo's? is the wastegate different?

also.. anyone done the wastegate mod with the adjustable turnbuckle?

rllywgn

on the pages concerning the turbo mods, there is a section on removing the boost selenoid (that thing inline from the turbo to wastegate on 87 and newer models). does anyone have an idea why you would need a turbo from a 85/86 model to replace 87 and newer turbo's? is the wastegate different?

also.. anyone done the wastegate mod with the adjustable turnbuckle?

rllywgn

You must have mis-read.87 turbos don`t get replaced w/86s.

All turbos get replaced w/the sport model.

No difference between 86-7 wastegate acuators but the rally mod uses a different one.

wow thats some cool stuff.

I have done a good deal of those mods already or at least have dreamed of them.

If someone finds that those parts are available still I will flip out. That would be too cool.

on pages 23 and 24 it states some mods to the intake

I understand the removal of the so called "snorkel" but what is this part about the intake boot mod? I know wich part they mean, the protruding piece of plastic, but what to do with it?

who knows?

Did anyone do the mod on page 26 or 16 of the PDF? I want to do this but think I might need to do some other mods first and replace my rear o2 sensor.

yeah intake mod on the "cup".. flip it around, cut it so its about 3/4 inch tall and remount it with the "cup" base inward.. smooths out the intake flow.

this works well with removing the intake box inside the passenger fender. also, and not for the squeamish... cut the bottom of the air box out, cheap open air in a sense, add the k&n filter 33-2010 for best results :brow:

rllywgn

some one should get this parts list to subygal, she could tell us if the parts are available and how to find em.

good luck with that.

ya, but I've already tried, and its subiegal. I do have a plan though. just have to get the connections down under.

ya, but I've already tried, and its subiegal. I do have a plan though. just have to get the connections down under.

definatly let me know how that goes.

JWX - I got a buddy that lives in Austrailia. Let me know what we need from down there and I will have him try to track it down

I will be goin to the Subaru dealer tomorro to get some head gaskets,... i will take some part numbers and see what i can find.

I will be goin to the Subaru dealer tomorro to get some head gaskets,... i will take some part numbers and see what i can find.

cool deal man, let us know what you find.

No good

The parts dont exist in their parts books.

Interestingly, the ecus in the parts book were numbered 22611AA*** (there was about 20 of them), our rally ecu had a part no. of 22611AA580, but wasnt in the book

What is 82 Kpa in psi?

Gannon