Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just used a can in my 2000 Dodge Caravan with a VERY noisy engine (lifter and injector) today. 1/2 of a can in the oil and the other half in a nearly empty tank of gas. Did 10 miles at 80mph on the freeway with some WOT at times.

Let's just say that it purrs like a kitten now.

My 1990 Loyale (200k+) was treated last year, but one of the HLA's is still calling out for some more Seafoam. Good stuff.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is the actual age of the car, and not a typo for 17yo car, it will still make a difference. Actually it will likely make a difference in either case. Also, in either case, at only 75K miles, all you should really need is the top end cleaning, which is done through a vacum line, or the PVC valve (your choice. I use the vac line as it is easier for me).

yeah it's 27years (1979.... actually I wonder what it would do to my 41yo Buick :) )

we talking the Deep Creep or the Motor Treatment into the PVC valve?

should straight into the carb work on the Buick?

Can't check the ingredients now but alot of what everyone is talking about can be had with GM top end cleaner,it's not a fix all but did wonders for my 79 Ford truck.Alot of the usage descriptions sound the same,my truck blew smoke like crazy as I sprayed this down my carb but it sure cleaned the insides out,and in the long run pinpointed a lifter problem. can be used through any intake and will clean injector ends somewhat. Be sure to change your oil after a 100 miles or so.

John

I've never used the GM top cleaner, but my understanding is that it's a bit more intense than Seafoam, both in it's cleaning action and the aftermath (caustic tailpipe fumes after startup and breakdown of motor oil). GM's instructions include a mandatory oil change afterwards.

**** ******!