Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spring Lift results for '98 Outback

hey Ya'll,

Since I just had my 1998 Subaru Outback lifted with Scorpion springs I wanted to put all the pieces together from the various threads and things I did for anyone else thinking of doing the same thing. It was really very simple.

Parts/service:

*Scorpion springs from Renick Motorsports Inc. The springs were shipped promptly and the order was filled correctly – Great service!

*KYB GR2 struts (ordered through the shop that did the work).

*4 wheel alignment.

So, it all came together nicely. The mechanic measured the lift before and after the springs were installed and the lift was closer to 3 inches when the work was completed.

Since labor charges were the same either way, I had the KYB GR2 struts installed at the same time the springs were installed.

I drove the car for about a week so things could settle, then had the 4 wheel alignment done. They were able to do the alignment to factory specs.

The whole process went off without a hitch and there were no weird problems or complicated parts or adjustments needed. I love the way the car drives now - I’m really happy with the results!

gringorio :headbang:

SubLiftRear.jpg

SubLiftFront.jpg

SubLift.jpg

looks great!!!:headbang:

i wanna do that too, my 99 will need struts before long....might as well swap out the springs too...

but...went to Renick Motorsports Inc and couldn't find the springs

i'm assuming the 99 would be the same as your 98, do you happen to have the part numbers of the parts you installed...

Thanks Yeti Don and Rodney...

Rodney, just go the the Renick MotorSports home page and in the search funtion type in scorpion springs, that'll bring up what you're looking for.

The part numbers are (double check): KSFR26/KSFRR25 for 97-99 Legacy Outback.

gringorio :burnout:

A while back i checked out how bad it would be to order the king springs directly from AU, it took a while to get in touch w/ them, These are the rates i was told

Front Coils AUD $ 155.00 per pair

Rear Coils AUD $ 155.00 per pair

FedEx Air (3-7 days) AUD $ 265.00 per (set of 4 coils)

Total del. you is AUD $ 575.00 (set of 4 coils)

Payment can be made via credit card or direct business account deposit.

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

It's about $424 USD right now, iwhich is EXACTLY what they're charging on Renik... minus shipping, so it may actually end up being cheaper to get them from AU... lol.. wierd...

I like the look of them! wish i could get the $$ to do the swap eventually