Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need the part # for the long tensioner bolt. I have gone 4 days w/o this bolt (no car) and today - the day it was supposed to come in the parts guy ordered the wrong one. No, home depot..etc... doesn't have any, it is a special kind of bolt. No junkyard around here have subies. Again this is the long bolt that adjust the tension.

JUst a couple weeks ago the oppsite bolt broke on me andf I was stranded (kinda) in CT. I was tightening up the tension a lil bit and it must have been too much since the bolt snapped in half.

If you have a 1995-1999 Legacy or Outback...

we have this bolt in stock, ready to ship.

for pricing:

1) you will need to use our OEM catalog to access

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html

2) look up by part number - - 73790AC100

contact me with questions.

Jamie Thomas

Jamie at chaplins.com

logo.gif

http://www.subiegal.com

part # 34435AA030 ....The local dealer ended up overnighting it since they screwed up the first time. Tip for everyone, dont over tighten this bolt - even if it doesn't fel tight (easy to turn) it is. Check the tension on the belt and if there is no squel with everything on, it is tight enough. If you over tighten the bolt it will snap in half. Even if it is brand new :brow:

I placed my order just now - for overnight shipment- for the part # in my previous post. I am absolutely sure that this is the part # since I picked up the bolt -34435AA030 today at my local subie dealer, and broke it when i was installing it. I know i am an idiot. I

Are you loosening the bolt that locks it before adjusting on it.

I placed my order just now - for overnight shipment- for the part # in my previous post. I am absolutely sure that this is the part # since I picked up the bolt -34435AA030 today at my local subie dealer, and broke it when i was installing it. I know i am an idiot. I

There is a bolt you must loosen on the adj. between the power steering pully and the alternator pully it is a 12 mm. it holds the bottom left of the alternator, then you adj. the tension with the bolt on the top, then you retighten the lock bolt.

You have to loosen the alternator bolt? I guess that makes complete logical sense. Man I am a *********************

Yea it makes perfect common sense. Well Subiegal wouldn't take my order since the part # was not co-inciding with my VIN. It was supposed to be overnight, but I can get it sooner locally. I hope that this gets resolved with subargenuineparts since they are close till the 23rd because of a racing event. I put in a email to cancel the order since it will do me no good to have to wait to tuesday 4/24 to get the bolt. I know it is the right part # because I picked it up at a subie dealer. O well its holding for now, and I am sure she will cancel the order.