Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new video! 56K BEWARE!

El Toro

For the 3 of you that are on here looking for something new. here is a short clip of some fun in the sun with me and my bro and daughter. she is the one rooting me on. guess soob is in the blood. more clips to come.

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/mastertwig/?action=view&current=MVI_0212.flv

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/mastertwig/?action=view&current=MVI_0206.flv

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/mastertwig/?action=view&current=MVI_0214.flv

what would you say is the best digital video camera on the market? the one we used was a canon and was OK. any suggestions.

Well first what model canon did you use?

If you are looking to upgrade to a better digital camera the big determining factors in your decision are price and image quality. You need to ask yourself, "How much are willing to pay for a higher quality image?" Canon has some great pro-sumer cameras out there right now.

The big step up in quality iin video cameras is CCD chips. Most Broadcast quality pro digital cameras have 3-CCD optics. but you are going to pay for it. Canon's starter in 3-CCD is the GL-2 which I have been using for years. The GL-2 has full manual capabilities that help you dial in your image quality and plenty of accessories to addon. It will run you around $2500 now days, even less if you can find a good deal on Ebay. Sony has some great ones in this category as well such as the PD-170 or VX-2200 etc... too many to list.

If you want to drop down a notch and still get CCD optics then the Canon Optura Xi is a great choice. It has one CCD in the optics which gets you way better quality then your $400 camera, and plenty of manual controls. It will rn you around $1000 again with better deals popping up all of the time on Ebay etc...

Sorry for the long post and the hijack. PM me if you have any further questions about cameras. I would love to help you out and give you some pointers on making your shots dialed.

-Chris

Did you subaru come two toned (black on bottom) or did you paint that yourself. IF you painted it what kind of paint did you use. that looks killer.

that is whats known as, custom in a can! i used a standard can of black spray paint and masked away! sure breaks up that nasty band-aid color. the advice i would give is clean it before you paint. BTW its wal mart .96 per can