Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Notice: Wholesale OEM parts from Auburn Subaru

Their online site is going to be taken down. They are changing ownership, but their greatly dicounted parts will still be available to USMB members through Jason at the 866-528-5282 number. MAKE A NOTE OF IT!

I am definately plugging them/him. I have saved a ton on new parts and gaskets and the service/help/advice is the best. Even though I'm on the other side of the country.

So.

Hey, as a Buckeye native (although I haven't lived there for decades) I can substantiate that Ohio really is the crossroads of the country. Northeastern OH (including where I grew up - in Youngstown) looks a lot like the industrial parts of western PA or NY -- definitely both "east coast" states. Likewise there are parts of Southern OH that are indistinguishable from Kentucky or Tennessee -- certainly not "Yankee" by any stretch of the imagination. Finally, as the gateway to the midwest, a lot of the state is indistinguishable from Iowa or Nebraska. I suppose it is "eastern" in the sense that it bears little resemblance to anywhere I've lived in the past decade (Colorado and California), but by that measure the Dakotas and Texas could also be considered "eastern."

Their online site is going to be taken down. They are changing ownership, but their greatly dicounted parts will still be available to USMB members through Jason at the 866-528-5282 number. MAKE A NOTE OF IT!

I am definately plugging them/him. I have saved a ton on new parts and gaskets and the service/help/advice is the best. Even though I'm on the other side of the country.

So.

Why is the site being taken down?

:confused:

I fully agree that Jason at Auburn Subaru is a good Dude. Having purchased about $800 worth of parts for my 97 Outback head gasket(s) and clutch replacement project, he sent as per my request a snipit from the factory manual on the head gasket replacement to supplement my Haynes manual.

Then several weeks later, I was going to replace the seals in the power steering pump when the whole thing fell apart in my parts pan after removing the rear cover. I started looking for wear mark patterns on the components to try and put them back together correctly, when I realized the receipt from Auburn Subaru was handy and wound up giving Jason a shout on the cell phone.....he emailed me the power steering pump docs!

Again, Jason and Auburn Subaru are "Good Folks" :clap: (and being in The South, I can say that!):lol:

Having purchased numerous times from Jason/Auburn and periodically giving them a plug here on the forum for exceptional customer service and pricing, it's too bad many local dealerships can't or wont follow their example (their loss).

As for the website, it may be that it's a method that the new ownership doesn't want to practice. I found it kind of clunky anyway, and always called Jason directly.

[/url]

St. Louis has long been considered the gateway to the Midwest, a status confirmed by the great Arch that towers above the city skyline.

That's "Gateway to the west". The person who wrote that Realty Times article was mistaken.

Sorry about the off-topic reply. If anyone would like to know which Subaru dealer in STL can fix your car right and which one is likely to put two and a half gallons of oil in the crankcase during a normal oil change, ask me and I'll spill the beans with extreme prejudice and rancor.

So.

Was that site known as "1st Subaruparts" ?

Apparently the site is still up, but will be withdrawn this week. Jason tells me they will continue to offer wholesale pricing by telephone. Toll free number is 1-866-528-5282.
That's good since most of the parts that I usually need are not on the parts menu search thing and I end up calling Jason anyway. Never could figure out how he could beat everyone's prices, and by more the a few buck on the big ticket items. It was often cheaper to order from him and pay for the shipping that to get the internet price and pick up at the local Subaru dealers.

This just brings the thread back to the top so if someone missed it before, can now read it. Like me:D

Thanks, but I know what «bump» is for.

What I did'nt understand is why he linked it to my post instead of to the last one in line. Just wanted to know if I was missing something.

Thanks, but I know what «bump» is for.

What I did'nt understand is why he linked it to my post instead of to the last one in line. Just wanted to know if I was missing something.

Probably because with stock forum settings, your original post is the last one on page 1.

The website is still going to be available. The deal is that Jason will no longer be running it. It will be run by another dealership. Jason has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have the best pricing. By using the toll free number you will still get the same low prices and excellent service but you just won't be able to order online through the site and deal with Jason.

It was an agreement that went down a while ago, that this other dealer would get the website eventually anyway. If we continue to use Jason they will be able to show that they have enough traffic to start up their own site again in the future.

• 1 year later...

Just if anyone knows: is the website now running by other dealership? they seems to have also prices below 'listed' but toll free number is different from older Jason's. I am just curious if I should go forward and order from them or look elsewhere ;-)

Just if anyone knows: is the website now running by other dealership? they seems to have also prices below 'listed' but toll free number is different from older Jason's. I am just curious if I should go forward and order from them or look elsewhere ;-)

Forget the website. Call 866-528-5282 and ask for Jason in "parts".

write it down