Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale/GL cupholders, Lets See Em'

he he - they werent available - I just use the area between the E-brake, driver's seat, 4WD lever, and console to hold my drink - and my passengers can figure it all out themselves :D

Those are great until you have to do a sudden brake check. That area is never going to quit being sticky.

i have one in my 86 wagon that is designed for the door but i lifted the shifter boot a little on the passenger side and slid it over the shifter console.

i can't seem to get any pics on the forums so if you e-mail me @ 86ruguy@comcast.net i can send them that way.

:headbang:

I have a small adjustable one I bought from Shmucks. Have it mounted on top of the coin tray, perfect fit and doesnt get in the way of anything. I'll try and get a pic tomorrow. Also have one that has the flexable strap, mounted thru the A/C vent. You have to pull the vent trim out and slip it in the opening. This one isnt that great, it hangs over the radio knobs and if you push the cup, it turns the radio off. But it leaves your hands free!

My approach is a mix of the above. Step 1: Go to Wal*Mart. Purchase a Spillmaster Euro Junior adjustable mug holder (auto section, about $3.79 and, for the moment, made in America). Go home. Park Loyale. Step 2: Remove the coin tray under the hand brake (push the front edge toward the rear and pull up, it'll pop out. This is also what you have to do to adjust the hand brake). Place the Euro Jr. on the coin tray in the position that you want it - open the mug holder so that you reveal the screw mount hole in the base of the mug holder. Drill a hole in the coin tray in the location that will allow mounting of the Euro onto the tray. Step 3: Go to hardware store and buy a bolt, nut and lock washer of the right length and diameter. Step 4: Mount Euro Jr. to coin tray. Step 5: Install coin tray back in the Loyale.

Step 6: Custom adjust your adjustable Euro to your cool coffee mug. Step 7: Enjoy taking those sharp turns with your steaming mug securely nesting in your custom-mounted $3.79 adjustable mug holder. It doesn't get any better than this.

My approach is a mix of the above. Step 1: Go to Wal*Mart. Purchase a Spillmaster Euro Junior adjustable mug holder (auto section, about $3.79 and, for the moment, made in America). Go home. Park Loyale. Step 2: Remove the coin tray under the hand brake (push the front edge toward the rear and pull up, it'll pop out. This is also what you have to do to adjust the hand brake). Place the Euro Jr. on the coin tray in the position that you want it - open the mug holder so that you reveal the screw mount hole in the base of the mug holder. Drill a hole in the coin tray in the location that will allow mounting of the Euro onto the tray. Step 3: Go to hardware store and buy a bolt, nut and lock washer of the right length and diameter. Step 4: Mount Euro Jr. to coin tray. Step 5: Install coin tray back in the Loyale.

Step 6: Custom adjust your adjustable Euro to your cool coffee mug. Step 7: Enjoy taking those sharp turns with your steaming mug securely nesting in your custom-mounted $3.79 adjustable mug holder. It doesn't get any better than this.

Sounds great...but pictures people pictures!! lol

Tyler

well since all of us are bi-pedal mammals, you have an area known as the crotch, it self adjusts and keeps you warm drinks warm, and freezes the you-know-whats if its a cold drink....aka beer....whoops....i mean pop.....

P.S.

j/k about the beer

I think that's how some old lady wound up suing McD's for millions.

well since all of us are bi-pedal mammals, you have an area known as the crotch, it self adjusts and keeps you warm drinks warm, and freezes the you-know-whats if its a cold drink....aka beer....whoops....i mean pop.....

P.S.

j/k about the beer

i have one of those double adjustable cup holders mounted on the passenger side of the dash - the flat part....also has a little center compartment for holding stuff like pens, napkins etc. only thing that sucks about the placement is cold drinks tend to get warm pretty quick in the summer time. but it works.

i have one of those double adjustable cup holders mounted on the passenger side of the dash - the flat part....also has a little center compartment for holding stuff like pens, napkins etc. only thing that sucks about the placement is cold drinks tend to get warm pretty quick in the summer time. but it works.

This sounds just like the one I have. I have no complaints about it. I never even noticed drinks getting warm either.