Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Evap relay location?, fuel smell

Hello, I was reading in the Haynes manual about a relay (i think) for a hose leaving the cannister. I am having some light fuel vapors enter the cabin and want to test it. Where is this located?

Also, I recently replaced my fuel filter. following the haynes manual, I depressurized the system by disconnecting the fuel sending unit and running the engine. there was no fuel pressure to begin with (ie when i started it to run the fuel out of the lines, it never even started). Is this cause for concern? I have checked the lines for leaks thinking that a crack in a line would lower fuel pressure and allow vapors to enter the cabin, but may have missed some parts of the line (i was only able to find them near the tank and in the engine compartment).

Thank,

Andrew

Thanks, I found it. I couldn't get the leads in to check the solenoid resistance (but I will once I have time to move some stuff and get more room to work with back there), but the voltage to the solenoid read 2.5 mV. Is this appropriate? It seems low.

Thanks,

Andrew

I was checking the wiring harness with the key in the 'on' position, but engine off, according to the haynes manual. I'll give it a try with the engine on. Also, I cant get the test leads into the solenoid. Do you recommend unbolting the solenoid or removing the offending hoses to gain access?

Thanks,

Andrew