Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Windshield gaskets Batch One ***Completed***

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is great how its all coming together!

i still need that quote from you though... i got 2 jobs now so i know i got the money now!:grin:

and i think i was the first to talk to him... and my name is Greg although i don't recall talking to somebody named derek... for some reason i think i talked to a james or jim or john or somebody...:rolleyes:

when you send me an estimate i'll hop on out to Jim's and get his cash... :)

Cool,thanks Greg.Yes,I think you spoke to Jim firstly.

They're checking to make sure the same gasket fits all the models we expect it to and then get back to me.But yes,it's rolling along.Let's just hope it doesn't roll back at us.I think we're all set.

PRP might only run off an extra handful,not even a dozen,so mentioned Derek in conversation.But he did need to double check with his boss.At the price we're getting I could care less if they have some in stock.They'll run out again too,but I don't think I will.

Let him get back to me to make 100% sure about the price.Shipping won't be much,probably $12 plus any tarrifs,etc.

At this point I'm buying the lot and trusting enough folks come through.

I just ordered 1 of the 2 they have left, so there is ONE up for grabs imediatly, I got it for $75 from Toni at ext 212, once again their product number is WCR288

I'm still in for the 2 on the group buy, she said it would take 6-8 weeks to make a new batch

Cool,thanks,Jeff.

They still showed one left in stock,but he wasn't betting on it being there.Nothing like fresh baked!:brow:

Bump for getting more sold before I jack the price through the roof.:eek:

Seriously everyone,it's time to chime in for the discount.

Here's the latest.I made the deal today.

Derek from PRP called me back and just like I thought would happen they got word from their manufacturer that the price for 25+ of a run to would be $35.94 each.

That's a total of $898.50 according to Derek.He also said something about them covering shipping to them.Shipping to me I belive I'm still paying for when the time comes.Should be six to eight weeks,maybe slightly more untill I get them here.

So,getting back to the begining of my post,please everybody do your best to get one and cover the payment through Paypal,check or money order as soon as possible.Nearly a grand I'm laying out here,so you bet I'm not giving a discount after this summer.

You guys who paid the original price can take your time and send the difference with the shipping when the time comes.No sense doing extra work,getting extra fees,etc....we'll even up down the road.

You guys who need more time but are saying you're 100% sure you're getting what you said you have a solid two months.But,you should already be one month into your setting aside the dough.Not to play mommy here,but please guys,do what you can to make things happen.I've got bills,mortgage,kids,tuitions,etc,etc,etc......wrappnig up a grand of my money right now doesn't float well.Money's tight all around,especially in the northeast.

Know somebody who might use one but hasn't chimed in??? Ask them please to check this post,even if you're pretty sure they did already.

This windshield gasket fits wagons and sedans perfectly.

It can be used on a coupe but as Todd has mentioned not entirely perfect,but he doesn't complain of leaks in his GF.;)

Thanks for all your help with this effort.

At that price I'd love a couple, but the shipping to the other side of the world would probably put it through the roof. I don't think it's even worth trying to sort out the logistics of it but if you find you get caught out with people not fronting up or anything then let me know and we might be able to sort something out.

At that price I'd love a couple, but the shipping to the other side of the world would probably put it through the roof. I don't think it's even worth trying to sort out the logistics of it but if you find you get caught out with people not fronting up or anything then let me know and we might be able to sort something out.

Are there enough Aussies and Kiwis to order a lot of 25 or more?

Even if there were several more we can always add to our existing order if you let us know quickly.Look into shipping.They could go into those large envelopes and travel reasonably safe.My zipcode is 06604 in CT USA so feel free to check and I'll do what I can to help you out.I'm near FedEx,UPS,and US Postal as well as other carriers like DHL,etc..

About how many 70's cars and 1st Gen Brumbys would you say are still going down there??....judging by what you see and message board activity,etc.

The gaskets are made in Taiwan.Perhaps PRP can arrange a drop shipment from the manufacturer instead of crossing the Pacific.:brow: Just a thought.

I will buy one ! i could use one for my brat too .

i live near Zefy , about 4h away in B.C.

I asume you are handling the shiping ? I would gladly send a 50$ U.S money order to handle shiping and the pain in the A$$ fee :banana:

P M me and give me the adress and who to make the money order to .

Has any one priced out glass for the 1978 cars/ brats and the avalability?

Paypal to moosens@yahoo.com

Thanks very much.Don't forget to pay the CN tarrif.The last guy I sent somethnig to in CN apparently screwed FedEx and now they're breaking my stones because.My account is still in good standing,but I'm not sure for how long if that tarrif doesn't get paid.Sorry to cry...thanks again.

Going to have to cancel my 2 gaskets. I have made a tough decision and I am getting out of Subarus. I am tired of struggling to find parts. I am getting rid of everything and I am going to go back to my first love. Old Chevys. Looking right now to find a old Chevelle, Nova or, Camaro for my next project. Sorry but my when it takes me a year and a half just to find a tail light lens for my Brat I know I have had enough.

• 3 weeks later...

I already have 2 of these in storage, so if someone needs mine, you are welcome to it. I really don't need it and would rather it go to someone that can use one of this last batch! I mean I'll keep it if no one else needs it, but it seems the demand is increasing.

I Paypaled Paul $45, so if someone wants to Paypal me, or send me a check for $45, Paul can change the record so you have the gasket.

Todd

Paypal to Subaru3@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha love you last second guys...but you're both all set.;)

My account has been billed,I'm paying interest.....price is skyrocketing.:) Shoulda got in when we asked you too......

Absolute LAST LAST CALL.....if you get me this week I'm probably going to be sympathetic.

If you catch me after this week I'm sorry but it's no longer a group buy/pitch in effort.PRP's price was upwards of $78 (before the re-order)....mine won't be much less.

Cleaned up the thread.

If you need any info it should be here within the thread.

Price is #35.94 each.

Please add at least 3% if using Paypal

Please PAY IN US DOLLARS and if at all possible from a US banking institute.My bank charges an $8 fee for presenting a forein check for deposit.So,add that $8 please.

Shipping will be extra,paid in the near future when I have the actual pieces and have calculated shipping.

I do have a spearsheet going and have been updating it.It will be posted again soon.I'm updating that but I have ten thousand things going on so please be patient.

Incorrect info has been removed from this thread pertaining to price.The new info has been edited in.I also weeded out some conversation and trimmed the thread down.

Thanks again for all the cooperation.We're all set,order is in,should see pieces in a month to 6 weeks or so.

• 2 weeks later...

we've got a solid 15 paid for!

Russell wants two as well.....that WagonsOnly should pay for :lol: :lol: just kidding.

There's one other guy who contacted Todd,then spoke to me,who is sending money for I think one more,maybe two.

As far as I'm concerned we're pretty much done.

We up here have spoken for at least 6 pieces and my intention was to keep a couple.Don't bother adding things up,the last two are for a couple of stragglers...:grin:

Derek from PRP called me on Saturday and all is on the go.Should be another month he said.

Thanks for all your efforts in sending funds quickly.Don't forget,some of you have credit towards shipping,some owe.We'll settle up when the order comes in and I begin sending them out.Don't forget to tip the waiter :lol::clap:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...