Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1995 Legacy wagon~wet floor question

I had a clog in my air conditioner/vents in my 95 that was causing condensation to drip on the front passenger's feet. It actually poured out when I was making turns (pretty funny stuff). There was a drain that got clogged. I was running the air conditioner/defrost and it was always really bad during a rainstorm. The dealer fixed it.

you have several. There is the hvac drain hose that can ploug up and leak inside the car, If you have a sunroof there are two drain on either side of the sunroof. Also you have many body drains. You have drains in the cowel, and clean out the drains in the bottom of the doors, also open the front doors and clean out all the junk in the front fenders.

nipper

my front floors are wet after it rains. are there body drains that can clog and leak in to the pass compartment? no sunroof and all the rubber looks good. any ideas?

thanks,

gregg

The area where the windshield wiper arms attach to the wiper "transmission" (at the base of the windshield) is called the cowl. Use a garden hose to flood the cowl with water. In a moment, water should begin to drain out of the rear lower area of both front fenders (just behind each front wheel). If water doesn't come gushing out of those cowl drains, they are probably plugged up. That would cause the water to back up into the passenger compartment thru one or both of the front kick panels (the trim panels that are right below each end of the dash), and soak the carpet.