Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22>EA82 wiring: Auto VS Manual SMACKDOWN!

baccaruda

...whatever.

EJ conversion wiring: Auto Vs Manual

Is the Shift Lock unit needed? Can I just jump a couple of wires and bypass the Shift Lock unit?

>>>>>Austin said in an older thread to jump the AT/MT wires, same thing here?

I'm pretty sure that the TCU is needed, but it will have very few wires left?

OR is it possible to bypass TCU entirely by jumping the right wires?

It would be nice to have fewer doodads to cram under the dash.

refer to legacy 777's 4eat to 5mt swap on his website. you don't need the shift lock, or tcu or any of that crap, just jump pin 10&11 on the 12 pin trans connector to bypass the starter interlock, and then pin 18 on one of the ecu's plugs(at/mt identifier wire), I believe it's the 22 pin connector, either needs to be snipped or given a reference voltage depending on what year ej harness you are running... that's all there is too it. oh and when you butch your harness down it will be even more wires gone.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! will do, thanks!

refer to legacy 777's 4eat to 5mt swap on his website. you don't need the shift lock, or tcu or any of that crap, just jump pin 10&11 on the 12 pin trans connector to bypass the starter interlock, and then pin 18 on one of the ecu's plugs(at/mt identifier wire), I believe it's the 22 pin connector, either needs to be snipped or given a reference voltage depending on what year ej harness you are running... that's all there is too it. oh and when you butch your harness down it will be even more wires gone.

Josh/Noah, I'm mating this to the RX FT4WD in my wagon. no crapomatics for this guy.

and then pin 18 on one of the ecu's plugs(at/mt identifier wire), I believe it's the 22 pin connector, either needs to be snipped or given a reference voltage depending on what year ej harness you are running...

My harness is from a 1990 2WD AT legacy... i'll read into it. thanks.