Ultimate Subaru Message Board

:burnout: So, one day my car starts running funny, btw I have a '98 Forester. I smell coolant, so I check, there was none in my car. Where did it go though? no puddles anywhere...I go to work and have them pull it in the shop and do all kinds of pressure tests and leak diags and so on. no problemes. they put coolant in it, I drive an hour and a half to visit my mother, the next day I check my coolant level it was down a little, so I add some. Then its fine, and has been since that happened 2 weeks ago. Then 6 days ago, I go to leave work and I start my car, check engine light comes on, and it stalls so i pull it in the shop at work and put the computer on it and it says air flow low. needless to say I had to replace the air flow sensor. Lucky me to find a junkyard one for $50 that will last me a while. A new one goes for like $400 ouch. Just thought I would share my strange car. I love it, but it gives me nothing but problems. I have kept track of repairs and regular maintence since I purchased it last May, and its over $2k.

Maybe the thermostat stuck and it overflowed out while you was driving down the road.

:burnout: So, one day my car starts running funny, btw I have a '98 Forester. I smell coolant, so I check, there was none in my car. Where did it go though? no puddles anywhere...I go to work and have them pull it in the shop and do all kinds of pressure tests and leak diags and so on. no problemes. they put coolant in it, I drive an hour and a half to visit my mother, the next day I check my coolant level it was down a little, so I add some. Then its fine, and has been since that happened 2 weeks ago. Then 6 days ago, I go to leave work and I start my car, check engine light comes on, and it stalls so i pull it in the shop at work and put the computer on it and it says air flow low. needless to say I had to replace the air flow sensor. Lucky me to find a junkyard one for $50 that will last me a while. A new one goes for like $400 ouch. Just thought I would share my strange car. I love it, but it gives me nothing but problems. I have kept track of repairs and regular maintence since I purchased it last May, and its over $2k.