Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Imp seats in a EA81?

Turbone

I put a XT seat in my Hatch and even with the height ajustment, it was still to low:-p I'm hoping the Imp seats and EA82 bracketry will get me where I want to be. The 3D sample Craig showed should be simple enough to fab up, once I find some C-channel metal.

Man, I feel like that little guy sometimes. He just needs some color to him.

Black coveralls, maybe a little greenish tint for his skin. I think I found my new mascot:headbang:

Who's permission do I need to use it?

And that Sunbeam is just plain fugly:-\

HT, thanks for the post. I emailed him about the seats, he hasnt been around for quite a while tho.

• 1 month later...

Well, in my haste to post the original thread, I mistakenly labled the seats as Impreza. They are not. I got them out of a Legacy L. And they are now installed in my Brat:headbang:

I'll post some pics and more info in a few days, but the difference is astonishing.

Granted, when I pulled the drivers seat out of the Brat and turned it over to pull the rails off, one of the springs fell out:rolleyes: So it definatly has seen better days. The pass seat install was a breeze. I used a 2in wide and 3/16 thick piece of stock for my adapter. Its only need on the outside rail as the width of the seat rails for the Brat are 16in wide, the Leg seat rails are 17in wide. Drill the stock to fit the holes on the Leg seat then measure over 1in and mark the holes from the Brat rails. Once drilled simply attach the rails to the seat and install. The stock goes on the outboard side of the seat. It fit perfect the first time, heh (I suprised my self there).

The drivers seat is a different story. Because of the hieght adj the rails are a little bit of a hassle and totally different than the pass seat rails. For one thing, each rail on the back side has a STEEL rivet and 2 tack welds and only a bolt up front. The brackets are also 2 peice to allow for the riseing and lowering of the seat. Wider stock might have been better here as the brackets tend to get in the way of the bolts to hold the rail to the stock. I'll have to take a few pics of this for a better explanation.

Both seats have plastic side covers on the bottom. The pass seat cover is wider than the drivers seat cover and needs to be trimmed because the door sill plastic interferes. Another pic here will help visualize, I do apologise for the lack of pics but it was a rainy day and I was in a hurry to get the last seat done.

My measurements were correct again:clap: And the drivers seat bolted right in. I'm a very happy camper I tell ya. The Leg seats are thicker or deeper, however you want to say it. So the acutal hieght adj is all the way down for me. If I cranked it all the way up, I just might be close to the t-top.

Did you do the install? And how are they installed. Do you like them?

Not trying to be a smart rump roast, but just telling me you have Leg seats in your Brat and no other comments? Or is it to early in the morn and you havent had enough coffee yet?:-p

I just put a set of Impreza seats in my EA82 GL. I used the stock GL seatrails and drilled new holes in the Impreza seats to match. It was pretty easy and the seats fit well. I lost a little bit of headroom because the Impreza seats are taller (it feels a bit like a Forester now). Overall a HUGE improvement.:headbang:

Kevin

i put 94 impreza seats in my 86 GL about 3 years ago back when i worked at aaron's auto wrecking (subaru only place) all i had to do was bolt the GL brackets onto the seat frame in the front and redrill the rear holes on the seat frame and put in bolts/nuts.

alot better then the stock seats that where lacking in foam at that point.