Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Digi to Analogue Dash Success!!!

Stage two complete. The 86 dash is in and working. :headbang: As some may recall, I played with the color scheme of the backlight. I did more than I originally planned. I haven't wired in the indicator lights yet, but will do that soon enough. I don't have time to go into the details now, but I will post details of the mod to the new dash, and give other details that will help others in the future. Will have pics. Stay tuned!

• 5 months later...

Feb, March, April, May,... OK. So it took a little longer to post photo's of the new analogue dash than I thought. But, Ladys and Gents, here is the dash at night:

Center view.

Left view.

Right view.

The dash face is from an 86, which had a whiteish-yellow ilumination. I used orange turn signal bulbs to get a deeper orange color. The needles on the 86's are white, but I wanted a deeper contrast between the backgroud and the needles, so I used orange neeldes from an 87. I also mounted tiny red LED's behind the base of the needles to get a redish-orange color. I will post more pics of the process soon, but right now I must pack by bags and bass rig into Murphy, the $500 87 T-Wag. I have a Halloween gig tomorrow night in San Diego and must get on the road pronto.