Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any interest in a North East soob offroad meet?

anybody up for a north east (NY,Mass,CT, NJ, etc.) offroad meet/wrenching/cook out type meet? maybe a weekend this summer in June, July, or August? please post your ideas here!! not sure where a good place is for the meet, but we can come up with something cool, we also have to make up a group name like the hatch patrol, but different:D

i just bought a hatch so i`m ready to wheel! :headbang:

COOL!!:headbang:

now we just have to figure out where.....state land is always nice:brow:

i think Mr. Fishums knows of alot of off-road country over in Endicott NY. i guess we'll have to see where is best.

i`m pretty open to dates, as i really don`t have a steady job right now:-\ just living off money from a couple cars i sold, and the landscaping business i work for is just starting to take off with the spring/summer.

backwoodsboy, definatly bring the 86!!! :lol: with the ea81 4speeds of fury

Join us at the Pine Barrens in NJ?

Not sure how soon.April came and went....:mad: Wedding to go to,more family obligations.....Carlisle......June seems best right now.

I'll venture up towards you guys if you can get a spot.I'm sure there's places.

Since this is the northeast how about Snob Patrol?:lol:

Since this is the northeast how about Snob Patrol?:lol:

:grin::lol:

I would prefer somewhere in NY, but only because the state is so damn big and I'd have to travel ALL the way through it to get to pine barrens

whatever you guys come up with will probably be fine, but I guess that means I've got work to do..

I'm in, especially if we can do some off-roading! Two hatches and a brat so far? That would be awesome to see..

I vote for somewhere in NY, too, I'll drive my hatch with swampers 3 or 4 hours on the highway, but 7 or 8 to get to NJ I'm not too keen on, least not yet.

As for a name... I'm sure once we hang out someone will come up with something funny and it'll stick. :)

somewhere in NY would probly be easier for most of us.

i have a hatch, backwoodsboy has a brat, mr.fishums has a hatch, his father also has a hatch, Andyjo has an imp, operose has a legacy, jeep5.9ltr in scranton is getting a hatch this week i think, plus there is definatly a few more of us around. it should be a pretty good meet if most of us can show up.

i`ve been trying to think of names, and they are slowly coming to my head. if you guys come up with something good, post it! if not, something can be figured out. i`d like to get some small window stickers made with the name we figure out.

depending on date and such i'd probably bring the wagon along...

there are a few offroad parks in my neck of the woods... rausch creek outside tower city, pa and paragon offroad adventure park outside hazelton, pa.

COOL!!:headbang:

now we just have to figure out where.....state land is always nice:brow:

i think Mr. Fishums knows of alot of off-road country over in Endicott NY. i guess we'll have to see where is best.

i`m pretty open to dates, as i really don`t have a steady job right now:-\ just living off money from a couple cars i sold, and the landscaping business i work for is just starting to take off with the spring/summer.

backwoodsboy, definatly bring the 86!!! :lol: with the ea81 4speeds of fury

Hey 75 subie... D/R dont forget:grin: Thats EIGHT forward speeds of EA81 fury! :lol:

haven't been to paragon yet but i hear good things.

as for harry's, i'm not all that familiar with the ea81-82 and the differences and such. i do know that there were two older subaru's with the d/r 4x4 transmission and a bunch of other older subies.

• 2 weeks later...

I came across a whole load of dirt roads around Eldred, NY while planning a Saab run.

I'd help putting together something like this since you and I live pretty close, but I haven't been back to Eldred in about 1-1/2 years. It would take some time to find all the good bits.

If your idea of offroad means more than just unpaved road, I don't think I could help. I don't currently have a vehicle capable of climbing rocks.