Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any interest in a North East soob offroad meet?

I am definetly in. Got my swampers yesterday. :-) just need to get some springs and install my suspension lift(forester struts and springs). Is the date set in stone, if so i'll request off from work now and make it a point to get everything done before july.

As far as I know, the 15th was the weekend that kinda worked for everyone ....

(if we have to change it, I dont know if I can go):-\ So not "set in stone" ....but "would be nice" :grin: 75 subie had the inspiration for this

meet, and so I would ask him to be sure (sorry Jon if I am mistaken)

As for what to bring.....the website says something about a tow strap, a

full size spare, and hard "recovery" points on the front and rear. Of

course....spare parts and tools if you have them are always nice!:brow:

Is anybody planning on doing any camping? I think that camping/wheeling

would be GREAT:headbang: ...that, and it would be kinda hard to make a day

trip out of it for some of us Im sure. Lookin forward to it!!!!

I'll just sleep in the back of my wagon if we camp. :grin:

Does you need to book anything with Paragon? I also think if we're all going in a group, you would only need that listed equipment total in the group. Not for every rig.

I could be wrong though.

i`m good for july 15!:banana: not sure if i can camp overnight tho:-\ maybe we could all meet at harry's upullit in the morning for a quick scope out of the yard, and then head over to paragon around 10:30? or we could also do that vise versa, and go to harry's later in the day, its up to you guys. i know i can`t wait:banana:

i`m good for july 15!:banana: not sure if i can camp overnight tho:-\ maybe we could all meet at harry's upullit in the morning for a quick scope out of the yard, and then head over to paragon around 10:30? or we could also do that vise versa, and go to harry's later in the day, its up to you guys. i know i can`t wait:banana:

-also....maybe we better go to Harry's later in the day (after we break stuff wheelin) :brow:

backwoodsboy, i`ve never been to Paragon, but i do know the area around Harry's reasonably well. don`t recall any campgrounds right around there, but there *might be a koa around 10 mins from there. i am pretty sure something was there...... Harry's later in the day sounds just fine.

Brucey, sure bring your gf! if she is not a believer in subies already, she will be after this trip!:lol:

It's 391 Miles to get there for me.. so.. ~6-7 hours, not too shabby :)

i may also have to convince my girlfriend to come, i'm thinking i'd leave friday and campout somewhere friday night.. or stop in CT at one of my friends places.

The 5$ primitive camping @ paragon sounds great to me! :banana: Im in for that.:cool: Anybody else gonna camp? We should get a site together. MY g/f informed me she WONT be coming..... she said that it would be too much subaru for her all at once! :confused: ........too much SUBARU?!:banghead: I guess we've gotta have a talk:grin:

Oh well. Smores it is then. Ordered my springs yesterday. Already have my struts and my 27inch ssr's. Gonna go mount the SSR's today. Getting ready.

But it doesn't look like i'll have a sturdy recovery point in the front considering mudrat appears to have dropped off the face of the planet.

Do the stock tow hooks on an impreza count as "front and rear recovery points" ? If i get a tow hook from a 4x4 wesbite/store, can i drill and mount that onto the rear diff subframe?

Oh well. Smores it is then. Ordered my springs yesterday. Already have my struts and my 27inch ssr's. Gonna go mount the SSR's today. Getting ready.

But it doesn't look like i'll have a sturdy recovery point in the front considering mudrat appears to have dropped off the face of the planet.

Do the stock tow hooks on an impreza count as "front and rear recovery points" ? If i get a tow hook from a 4x4 wesbite/store, can i drill and mount that onto the rear diff subframe?

I"ve had my impreza hauled out by those 'tow points'

they're not great.. but they get the job done... do you have a trailer hitch?

Oh yeah, anyone else want an 'OFFROAD SUBARU' Vinyl windshield sticker? I'm going to make 4 at work (because it's not worth wasteing 40something inches of vinyl for one...). I can bring them w/ me when we do it up hardcore-like