Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New here

:wave: Hey all,

Just wanted to say hi! I've been reading here a lot and happy I found USMB and all that goes with it. I've been having off road fun with a 1989 GL DR this summer. I've decided to take it off the trails for now because I'm beating it up too much. I've got more that are better suited to that! I just couldn't stop at one Subaru and right now I have six. Gotta have those parts cars, ya know!

Quidam

Gotta have those parts cars, ya know!

Can you tell my landlord that please?

Ohio eh? Come hang out with us SWPA/WV/OH guys sometime, there's a few of us in the area already. A couple of us are probably going for a run to the mothers of all junkyards in SWPA next weekend, you're welcome to come along.

Originally posted by moosens

Can you tell my wife that please?

Yea right! Reason, logic, facts, and economics dictate that if you're gonna beat on them, parts cars are essential. Now, *She who must be obeyed* might not want to hear that ;), even from me.

Welcome aboard.

Thank you. I'm still reading here....taking it all in, good stuff.

Originally posted by TROGDOR!

Can you tell my landlord that please?

Can you get him hooked up with a Subaru?

Ohio eh? Come hang out with us SWPA/WV/OH guys sometime, there's a few of us in the area already. A couple of us are probably going for a run to the mothers of all junkyards in SWPA next weekend, you're welcome to come along.

I would really like to meet some of you that are in the Pa., Oh., WVa., area some time. It's not going to be soon though. I've been keeping up with the junkyard run thread and it sounds interesting. Thank's for the invite but I'm going to have to sit this one out. I have six more cars local I want to buy. One Turbo Wagon rustbucket with rebuilt EA82T/, D/R 5 speed, one that's still on the road, a Wagon called Frankenbu:), also D/R 5 speed and I'd really like to lift and build this one. It's now made up of three different Subarus. One other DL Coupe with a solid body, and two other wagons, one and EA82T. And one GL EA82T sedan, parts car for my other Sedan. Yea, I'm starting a Subaru junkyard so I can work @ home.

I have an '89 Justy DL that's a driver and is waiting for me to get to it for a little work so I can sell it. '89 GL Sedan with a 5 speed and D/R that's my driver, a '86 DL wagon from Florida that needs some work so I can sell it, really clean body. '86 GL Wagon w/auto, pushbutton 4WD rusty driver. '86 DL parts car. '86 GL 10 Wagon that's loaded, with the engine out, that I'm trying to decide what to do with. Parts or fix it? The sub-frame is a little rusty and I'm leaning toward parts right now. My drivers can use a lot of those parts. Athens has a lot of Subaru cars running around. Right now, Forresters are *everywhere*.

Later on,

Quidam

Originally posted by subyluvr2212

Can you tell my parents that please? :lol:

Welcome!

To the parents of subyluvr2212: Your son needs to have some parts cars. It will save him money, he will be able to have all the spare parts he needs with him on or off road should he break down. Inexpensive parts too! This will give you peace of mind. He can even put together a relitavely inexpensive reliable 2nd car as a backup for his daily driver, so he won't have to borrow your car. He can strip off all the good parts he doesn't need and sell them for a profit. What's left of a parts car can be sold for scrap and will even be picked up. So you see, your son really wants a part time job. Parts cars are a part time job, plus they will keep him busy and possibly out of trouble doing other things.

Your son is really a small business person and this will help the economy. On top of that he's recyleing and this may save our planet some day.

He may even cover that Subaru up with a lawn green tarp and it can be a conversation piece for your guests.:)

Sincerely

Quidam

Thank you for the welcome, subyluvr

there are a few of us in the indiana, ohio, and michigan area that meet every so often. we usually meet at jim's place, about an hour and a half from columbus

so far with this local crowd, we have lifted 2 wagons, done 2 2wd to 4wd conversions, 2 ea82 engines in ea81 body conversions, a few auto to stick conversions, and 3 TrashWagons, have an RX with a semi-lift and 16 inch wheels, 3 Brats, an impreza, a legacy, a new legacy, and have gone thru many parts carsand countless off road adventures!

this weekend we are swapping a turbo motor into a 4wd wagon

hope you can meet with us sometime, we had a swap meet last year, and we need to meet again next year to make out Subaru Alliance meet annual

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Quidam,

Like you, I am so glad to find this forum, it looks like a great source of info etc. I only have one Sub now, A Legacy TS-R, and I am wishing that I did not scrap the last car, since it had lots of useful bits on it, even though crushed a lot by head on impact with a big 4X4. My son wants to get an Impreza, but insurance is a problem --------he is only 19.

I just love these cars.

John