Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ea81 Seat Questions??????

I have a 84 wagon with the typical ripped up driver seat.. It is also lop sidded and springs stick ya... I was at a junk yard today and only fond a decent Passenger side seat but it is in a hatch.............

Is there any way to swap out the seat backs and bottoms.. Andy what is different as far as the mechanical thinger goes.. Could I take the mechanical part from the bottom of my WAGON driver seat and put it on the HATCH passenger seat that is good??

Any tips... Thanks Joe...

Don't forget that the passenger side hatch seat is on a mechanical slider, same as the 2-door--and if your rear passenger/dog steps on that lever you'll be headed at the windsheld pretty quick. Also, the recliner lever will be inaccessible and you'll lose the lumbar support. There was another thread on the same subject in this forum (swapping Gen I wagon seats for BRAT seats, and installing EA82 and other seats in Gen II wagons). Have a look at that, there are some pretty good comments and sources for aftermarket seats. Here's the direct link:

http://usmb.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=50158#post50158