Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '05 Impreza is burning oil!!!

For the oil problem, I do push it a little! I don't get very high speed, but as acceleration goes, almost in the red for each gear. Not ALL the time off course, but every time I got the chance! So it might explain the oil burning that fast!

Well, I got to say thank you all for your help, it did help! :burnout:

It's a new engine! Don't go over 4000rpm at least until you reach 10 to 15,000km.

enjoy your sub

Well! My car won't like my then! I'm at 12 000 Km (+/- 7.5 miles) and it's been a while that I don't go easy on her! I was thinking more in the range of 500 km before really step on it! So I'm screwed? :eek: My motor is in bad :eek: shape? Or I'm lucky it's a Subaru? :headbang:

For the oil problem, I do push it a little! I don't get very high speed, but as acceleration goes, almost in the red for each gear. Not ALL the time off course, but every time I got the chance! So it might explain the oil burning that fast!

Well, I got to say thank you all for your help, it did help! :burnout:

It's a new engine! Don't go over 4000rpm at least until you reach 10 to 15,000km.

enjoy your sub

EEEEEKKKKKK

DONT DO THAT. Read the owners manual and follow break in procedure. What he said ab.out 4000 rpm. You may have caused a problem that you have to live with now.

nipper

DONT DO THAT. Read the owners manual and follow break in procedure. What he said ab.out 4000 rpm. You may have caused a problem that you have to live with now.

nipper

When I went the first time with the noise, they haven't told me what was the problem! They said:"The motor is broke! We will change it!" When I went to get it back I ask again what was wrong and they said, again, the motor! I aks them if there was a break in procedure since it's a new engine and they was telling me no! Wow, they know there stuff! Anyway, I had wait at least 1000 km before stepping on the gas. I had put maybe 2000 km since they change my engine! I will try to go easy for a while! Hope no serious harm was made.

But now I have another problem. I don't know if I should tell you guys, you'll laught at me. I HAVE PUT TO MUCH OIL!!! :clap: At least I know how to fix this!

nipper

When I went the first time with the noise, they haven't told me what was the problem! They said:"The motor is broke! We will change it!" When I went to get it back I ask again what was wrong and they said, again, the motor! I aks them if there was a break in procedure since it's a new engine and they was telling me no! Wow, they know there stuff! Anyway, I had wait at least 1000 km before stepping on the gas. I had put maybe 2000 km since they change my engine! I will try to go easy for a while! Hope no serious harm was made.

But now I have another problem. I don't know if I should tell you guys, you'll laught at me. I HAVE PUT TO MUCH OIL!!! :clap: At least I know how to fix this!

A little amount of oil over, is nothing to worry about. better that then low!

I drove my sub quite easy for the first 15000km believe me that engine was thight. even your gas mileage changes afterwords. It's not easy to follow this but the results afterwords are; A very quiet engine, and no oil consumption and then you can enjoy trashing gears at red line! forget the last line.

good luck!

I drove my sub quite easy for the first 15000km believe me that engine was thight. even your gas mileage changes afterwords. It's not easy to follow this but the results afterwords are; A very quiet engine, and no oil consumption and then you can enjoy trashing gears at red line! forget the last line.

good luck!

We all learn from our mistakes I guess! It's not so bad thought! It could have been worst. I can live with those things for now! In a couple of years the gas price would probably make me sell this car anyway, not because the engine is damaged a little! But it's a great car! I got to admit that I bought this car for having fun with a decent car while gas was affordable for everyone! In the future good/fun car to drive will be there, but not as we know it today! So, why not a Impreza! And I'm really happy with my choice! (Don't like the front look of the '07 thought)