Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello Suby Fans,

I am a new member and looking for some advice.

My wife and I traded in our high maintenance Passat for a new 06 Outback with the H6 engine. Yesss! So long Passat ! :D

Now, is there a relay I can pull or other method to easily kill the seatbelt buzzer??

Thanks!

If you are talking about the incessant seatbelt warning that continues until you buckle up, and if it's the same as our 05, help is on the way, but first... I'm sure you wouldn't mind a gentle reminder to you and your front seat passenger that there is a device on board (seatbelt) that will, in the event of an accident, prevent you or your passenger from becoming a hood ornament or end up lap dancing with an oncoming motorist... right?

OK enough gentle persuasion. Now turn the key to the ON position but DO NOT START the car. Now buckle and unbuckle the driver's seatbelt 15-20 times as rapidly as you can. Then while the belt is buckled, turn the key to the OFF position and say TaDa!

The next time you start the car, the seatbelt chime will chime 5-6 times and then stop. It worked for me the first time but use the SEARCH function on this site for "seat belt alarm" and you can refresh my memory.

If you are talking about the incessant seatbelt warning that continues until you buckle up, and if it's the same as our 05, help is on the way, but first... I'm sure you wouldn't mind a gentle reminder to you and your front seat passenger that there is a device on board (seatbelt) that will, in the event of an accident, prevent you or your passenger from becoming a hood ornament or end up lap dancing with an oncoming motorist... right?

OK enough gentle persuasion. Now turn the key to the ON position but DO NOT START the car. Now buckle and unbuckle the driver's seatbelt 15-20 times as rapidly as you can. Then while the belt is buckled, turn the key to the OFF position and say TaDa!

The next time you start the car, the seatbelt chime will chime 5-6 times and then stop. It worked for me the first time but use the SEARCH function on this site for "seat belt alarm" and you can refresh my memory.

Thanks BB,

I searched around using "buzzer", but "chime" was the trigger word-whoops. I found a long thread on this topic at legacyGT.com that was helpful. Seatbelts good;Buzzers bad. Sometimes I just want to re-position her car from the garage to the driveway in peace. That chime drives me nutty! :eek:

Darwinism seems to even the playing field regarding those who drive the roads with and without seatbelts.

:headbang: Great advise! I tried it in my '06 Baja, and now I don't have to listen to the seatbelt chime everytime I move my vehicle around my property! It just chimes about 6 times, then stops. I drove around my land without seatbelt, and while the seatbelt light stayed on, it never chimed. Thanks, that has been driving me crazy!

Spacinjason

'06 Baja Turbo MT :burnout:

• 2 weeks later...