Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BBS wheels! for OLD SCHOOL!

alright not quite, but SO CLOSE!

i've been watching WRC (argentina was sweet!) and i noticed that the impreza ditched the 5 bolt pattern for a 4 bolt... it looked pretty freakin' big for a 4 bolt...

so after much searching i went right to the source and emailed BBS...

it turns out that the BBS wheels on the WRC impreza is 4x136!!!

now i know it's not perfect... but it's SO close!!!

so i bet you could widen the wholes a little... (it'd only have to be 2mm each!)

then you'd get BBS wheels without the mess!!! (centre bore is 98mm... dunno about the our cars...)

i sent off another email...

lets see where this goes! perhaps for a small fortune some wheels could be made...:-p

i like those ones but i like the ones that they use with gravel tires... can't seem to find a pic... they'd be sweeeeeeet! they also look smaller... so possibly 15s or 16's...

6-lug wheels are technically 138.5

another couple mm wouldn't matter that much.

we discussed that as soon as that prototype came out, and someone (mcbrat IIRC) used a little proportions with the known rim width to find that the bolt pattern was right.

yea, if a set of those showed up in my driveway, they'd be on the loyale real quick (assuming that backspacing wasn't too insane to fit over the shocks and stuff)

NUTS!!!!!

:mad:

just got an email from the guy at BBS... the wheels are made only for the WRC... seems like kinda a stupid rule... not like anybody else can really use them besides old soobs and peugeots anyway...:-\

if i had the money i'd probably beg a little...:rolleyes:

but ya, he told me he couldn't help me...

anybody in sardinia wanna help us(me) out and nab a set of wheels for me while the service guys aren't looking during the next rally?:-p

hmmm i don't like accepting defeat so easily...:( (not sure if i have yet...:brow:)

does anyone realize that one of those wheels cost about what out cars are worth?

close.

see also simmons wheels. specifically a P86. they made them in a gold mesh a few years back. about $2.5k with rubber for a 16x7"

http://www.simmonswheels.com.au I think. I had a set on a L series turbo sedan for a while. best improvement ever for handling- went to a 17" for a bit but was too rough.

they are a special order. in my case I wnet to the factory when I lived in sydney. they still make them. send them an email with what you want.

phone numbers are there also in your case 011 61-2-rest of number. allow 12-15 hrs for time difference if you ar going to ring them.

6-lug wheels are technically 138.5

...? All the wheel books/pamphlets I have seen say it is 139.7mm... Just grab a calculator and do this sum:

5.5 Inchs

x 2.54 Inchs to CM Conversion

= 13.97 CM

x 10 CM to MM Conversion

= 139.7 MM

Where'd you get 138.5 from?

I'll try photochopping the alloy's onto a old school subie sometime later today.

I was once quoted $400 EXTRA per wheel to have some TSW Revo wheels made in a 4x140mm lug pattern... so it can be done, just $$$$$$$$$$

...and then you'd still have TSW wheels...

HRE will manufacture their wheels to any bolt pattern you like, but prepare to pay for it. They're quality wheels and come at quite a price. Seems easier to go 5-lug.

...still, those BBSs are awful nice.