Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Im woking on a transplant from a 2.0 twin turbo engine, but i dont have a computer! is there a way to use another system, like megasquirt? or am i better off using a stock ECM?

also, where can i get one? its bolting up to a manual transmission. Anyone got any thoughts? or maybe an ECM laying around?

-Dan

503-887-1125

First off, it is an EJ20TT, not a 22. Jamal is correct, they came in certain model Legacys (Libertys in Australia). Do you have the engine now??? Why do you want a twin turbo? Do you know why Subaru used two turbos on the Legacy?

Rather than go the twin turbo route.I would suggest just doing a larger single turbo.(easier to do)Less issues with space ect.I agree 2 turbos would be cool though.
The two turbos on the Legacy are not for performance (as in more horse power) they are to spread the power over a larger RPM range. One turbo is a low RPM turbo the other is a high RPM turbo, on the older twin turbos there was a flat spot in between, but that was fixed on later models. A larger turbo will increase turbo lag between shifts. The whole thing is to over come the interia of the weight of the turbine and compressor wheels. Some of the newer ceramic and ball bear turbos are larger, yet less weight and spin more freely, but they are also way more expensive.