Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hand throttle

thesubarukid

I sware I have used the "search" for 2 days looking for this so I am just going to ask. Please dont tell me to use the "search"

does anyone know which website, gives directions on how to install a hand throttle on the gear shifter?

The Kid,

Olympia, WA

I'll show ya what sort of things crybabies say.

icon4.gifOk Ok

SO I WHORED MYSELF OUT THERE AND THEY DID NOT EVEN LEAVE THE HONEST ONE UP. I REALLY AM THINKING ABOUT JUST DELETING MY MEMBERSHIP AND BUYING A HONDA :mad:

Can ya guess who said that?

Crybabies send multiple PMs crying about being told to try the search button. Crybabies complain if their post which belongs in a different forum gets moved there. Even if it's for a good cause.

Crybabies say things like "If I want to be treated like I'm in High School, I'll go back to High School."

I'm not crying, I just don't want anymore scalding PMs from you. So I let you know I'm not gonna remove your post. You probably did it on purpose so you could make sure everybody knows you need something.

Hey I thought I sent this to you around 930 this morning, but did not see it in my sent messages?

I was looking in the search for "hand throatle" control to attach to my gear shift. In my searching I have noticed that alot of the "older memebers" not just you, really beat up on us "newbies".

The reason we are called newbies is because just that. We are new to the USMB and more than likely new to the wonderful world of Subaru.

I know I am not the only new person on the USMB who feels this way. But most wont say anything publicly, because the meadators will just delete the thread.

So I am taking it upon myself to write you an email in hopes that you can take a step back and see what I am talking about.

An example: there is a thread "Lifted Legacy in the mud (56K stay away)" now this tells you that the author is warning you that there are pics and they are big. But like in other threads "you" (again this is not just you but most older members) attack the new guy. The way I read into this is that you were telling this guy that his pics suck and are pointless. Now yes a huge pic of a muddy mirror is silly but maybe he liked it? maybe it ment something to him?

Later in the thread you did go back and say you were wrong for attacking him. But the damage is already done. Because to new people like me when I am reading this all I am thinking to myself is that you are a total @ss, and I want nothing to do with you.

I want to point out I am not attacking you I am just letting you know how other people view you. I would like to see EVERYONE both new and old just get along. The other thing that really tweeks me is when a newbie who does not know about the "search" which really is not that great of a tool in my openion askes a question that has been asked more than once the older members jump the newbies ************ and ***************es them out telling them to use to the "search."

Now I know I have been ranting here but this is something that has been eating at me for a few months. I have been told your a cool guy, one hell of a driver, and you know your way around a Subaru, and thats great but if you dont have anything nice to say then send a private message like this one.

I do look forward to meeting you one day and even get to go wheeling with you. I hope you dont hold this message against me. Im just a newbie who is tired to seeing the older members bully the nubies. I mean if I wanted to be treated like I was in high school then I would go back to school you know?

Bryan

this is what i put so all i was trying to say was maybe you dont need to be such a jerk GROW UP

eric ain't no cry baby, and he could wheel circles around you blindfolded and in any vehicle. your on a message board, it ain't burger king, so it's not your way...

but see you other duplicate post. it has the pertinant info about my finger throttle setup.

and yes I do have a 2nd screen name which i never use I used it today to reference a different thread so I would not be asking the same questions. I have asked that my old screen name be deleted. As far as the rules go I have not read anything posted by this website saying I cant have more than one screen name.

Like I said all I want is to be able to have a civil relationship with any and all members of this site. I am not here to make friends nor enemys. However if I make a friend or 2 then great and if I make an enemy then fine I can ignore them.

this is what i put so all i was trying to say was maybe you dont need to be such a jerk GROW UP

This was my reply to your first PM.

uh, nice to meet you too.

I'm not sure why I'm about to try to explain myself to you, but I'm gonna.

I still believe I have a valid point when it comes to threads like that. HUGE rump roast pics of mud splattered mirrors don't belong. They waste space. Cropping photos isnt' that hard to do. Wasn't that thread from more than a year ago anyways?

Not sure what you mean by jumping on your asses for something we don't like. Sending someone to the FAQ or telling them to search isn't jumping on anyone.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been posting much at all in the Off Road Forum. I've completely quit being a moderator there. No more moving posts or deleting or anything, I don't really care if it gets cluttered or not anymore. You "newbies" seem to be in the know these days, and I figure I've kinda used up my usefulless to the USMB. There's nothing more for me to teach or share with the masses. Hell, I don't even offroad a Soobie anymore.

I dropped the FAQ so that the newer generation of members can regenerate all the topics we've beat to death.

In the end, you're about 2 months too late with your pm, cuz I don't even read the posts by new members, or if I do and find something I disagree with, I let it be and laugh to myself. If yo look at my computer screen, most of the threads are still blue cuz I haven't bothered to look at them.

Look me up at WCSS8, pull me aside and I'll talk in depth with you about whatever you'd like. I'm pretty nice in person, but you'll find I talk on the board like I would talk to you in person. I tend to call it like I see it, I don't "pull a lot of punches".

EZ

Hey man I was not saying anything about his driving skills and I am sure he can out wheel me, I have only been wheeling for a few months. So I am sure EVERYONE can out wheel me LOL

I was just making a point that the older members just tell the newer guys to search it and stop asking questions.

People who have been wheeling soobs for 4 years or more know pretty much know everything, people like me who have been wheeling soobs for a few months have questions and LOTS of them. I thought that the USMB was about asking questions and trading parts and NOT acting like children. I guess I was wrong? :confused:

or people that have been wheeling subies for 4+ years... go yota! lol... an inevitable evolution of the hard corp wheeling... and an inside joke, you'd have to know in order to understand...

:headbang::banana::brow::burnout::headbang::drunk::horse:

another reason people push for searching is massive reposts that flood the system and the same question is answered everyday... try the pirate board if they aren't nice enough here. they can be outright jerks about that stuff. grin and bear it! your in a very tame land for the search engine debate.