Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No Horn!!!???

On my '82, ones between the battery and the radiator support, the other is on the front of the radiator support, driver's side, behind grille.

Check the fuse also, but both of the horns had corroded connections at the horn itself. One barely worked, other one didn't. Real funky terrible sounding tooter.

Have one person inside the car honking and the other person out side listening? You'll find it in a heartbeat!:cornfuzz:

Just Kidding........

They are shaped like big flat disks.

Mine sounded funky too so I got some Harbor freight ones, as I was removing the old ones, I noticed you could tune them? There is a big slot for a screwdriver in the horn. After messing with this I got them to work fine......No need for the cheapies. :banana:

Check your wires for corrosion:slobber:

The problem is I have no horn. No sound, nothing. It dosent work. Couldnt find it under the hood niether. I think someone took them out when the converted the front end 82 DL Brat grill and lights to a 83 GL 4 headlight and grill. So my 82 brat looks like an 83. They must of yanked the horns and never bothered putting them back. Anyone have an extra so I can hook at least one up? Thanks for all your help guys..........:headbang: