Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2.2Litre Rabbit

RisSanSubaru

djkindt how did you post that shot of the dubmodder? I love playing around with that thing.

Yeah, it's kind of addictive.

You just take a screen shot, then I went into photoshop and deleted the background. But it looks fine if you don't. Here's how to do it:

-On my computer, its a button at the bottom between Ctrl and Alt, labeled: Fn

-Hold that button and hit the 'print screen' button

-that copies the screen to the clipboard, so you can paste it into a photo editing program (anything will work really) and crop it down. You can even use Paint, or probably even MS Word.

i've got a megasquirt system i'd be willing to sell along with a set of GSXR1100 TB's . Also have a 2.0Litre 16v engine with TT276 Cams.. You can put A2 springs in a rabbit to stiffen it up.. Also I'm selling a Vr6 Rabbit with a full cage if this guy doesn't come pay for the work I did soon.

What are you asking for your ms setup? Where can I see your vr6 rabbit?? I absolutely love vw's (maybe even more than subies... don't hate me). I love, rabbits, MKII Gti's, and especially my ol' split window bus. Shoot, I even love my girlfriends vr6 jetta. It beats the hell out of any of my cars!

rissan, is you 8v NA? that sounds like a turbo build but you dont list a turbo.

if it can take vr6 cars, that is pretty impressive 8v.

maybe go down to a 2.25 exhaust? 2.5 is pretty big for a little 4 banger.

I wish they had made more 1.6TD mk1's, that would be SUCH the perfect commuter car. I know they made a few mk1 jetta turbodiesels, but no rabbits. even the mk2 TD's are rare, but if its not mk1 or aircooled, I just dont really care about it.

my 1.8 is pretty peppy, and it had a 2.25 exhaust, but it works a little better with the 2.5.. anyways, i have no intention of changing anything on my bunny (and no turbo there- im a naturally aspirational guy if you know what I mean.) Besides, for a turbo you'd want a much smaller cam like a 266/268 or the like. Anyways, I've had the car for 18 years (since my 16th birthday) and it's gone through a lot of changes, but I think im finally done- too many other projects out there.

Yeah, it's kind of addictive.

You just take a screen shot, then I went into photoshop and deleted the background. But it looks fine if you don't. Here's how to do it:

-On my computer, its a button at the bottom between Ctrl and Alt, labeled: Fn

-Hold that button and hit the 'print screen' button

-that copies the screen to the clipboard, so you can paste it into a photo editing program (anything will work really) and crop it down. You can even use Paint, or probably even MS Word.

What are you asking for your ms setup? Where can I see your vr6 rabbit?? I absolutely love vw's (maybe even more than subies... don't hate me). I love, rabbits, MKII Gti's, and especially my ol' split window bus. Shoot, I even love my girlfriends vr6 jetta. It beats the hell out of any of my cars!

the vr6 rabbit is at my house in Long Beach Washington (Near Astoria, OR) Dig Cam's busted right now, but I'll send pics soon. As for hating you cuz you love dubs? Hah! I love soobies for offroad in the logging roads around my house, but as far as driving, performance, speed, and handling, I'll take a Dub anyday. Partial to A1's (especially Rabbits) but can stomach a few A2's as well. Got a good collection of both soobies and dubs:

2 MKII Jettas

5 First Gen Rabbits

2 Second Gen Rabbits

1 MKII GTI

1 81 Caddie (getting a TDI Conversion)

2 90-92 Legacys

4 85-90 GL Wagons

1 84 GL Wagon

1 76 Brat

1 79 Brat

1 85 Brat

No shortage of my favorite toys.