Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legroom and headroom in a Brat?

I've always liked the looks of a Brat, especially the gen 1, but I've never had the chance to ride in one. This has probably been asked a hundred times (I did do a search, but couldn't find any info) can a six foot, 200 pounder, fit comfortably in a gen 1 Brat? If not, how about the gen 2? Just for some reference, I have a '75 Subaru DL, 2 door, and it is fine for headroom, but a little short for legroom. I also have an '89 Justy, and it is good both ways. Thanks for any comments.

I'm 5'8" and feel fine in either. I did change out the stock wheel with a smaller style wheel. It makes it harder to turn, so I'm changing it back out to a stock wheel. Tim who is the same height feels very uncomfortable in the Gen 1.

Check your shoe size on the Gen 1. We have had a few big-footed teens sit in the Gen 1 and they can't use the gas without hitting the brake pedal.

6ft 230 lbs here, and i fit fine with stock seats. gen 1s are a little tight, but gen 2s are pretty roomy. :brow: my pop is 6ft 4 inches 270 pounds and he also fits comfortably in a gen 2 with stock seats, infact he drove a gen 2 brat for 2 years daily!

when i first bought my red hatch, the lady who owned it must have been a 400 pounder, the seat was broken down, but the lady bought the car new in 84, and had been driving it up until 05!!