Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A $250 Exhaust on an EA81?(pics and video)

I just wanted to see if anyone else has spent a good amount of money on an old subaru exhaust before. I just got a $250 exhaust set up as a birthday present from my Dad. Took the cat out of the Y Pipe and replaced it with a 2in Pipe to a Speedrex muffler. It definatley help in horsepower, and fuel economy. My car seems to run fine without the cat or resonator.

Heres a short video I uploaded of the exhaust:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=11084&cat=642

Here are the pics:

exhaust1small.jpg

muffler2small.jpg

Hmm.. I'm hoping it's just the mic that was used not picking up the noise right, cause it sounded like the dirtbikes that my neighbors drive up and down the street at ungodly hours

It's not quite as loud when your actually driving. It's really only loud when you let off the gas at high RPMs. But while accelerating its a smooth tone.

Yes it does kinda sound like a dirt bike but I like that. And it does rev up faster than before, but that's because my old cat was completely clogged. It doesn't sound as clanky once im driving, but I love the sound.:D