Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5 bolt conversion

wounded brat

I have an opportunity to get a 95 legacy with major engine issues. I need to know if these wheel hubs will work for a conversion on my 86 brat and if so what do i need from the donor car. I have already done the 5 spd d/r turbo tranny conversion so i have the right axles but since I just replaced the wheel bearings and struts on the front of the brat i was hoping to still use those and replace just the hubs and calipers. same goes for the back the suspension is way different so the only way it would work is if you could use just the hubs and some how mount the calipers on the bearing housing. If anyone has done this or can think of any suggestions please feel free to chime in.

you need XT-6 rear stuff. rotors, brackets, calipers, backing plates. its a simple disc brake upgrade for the EA body. the front hubs need to match the spindles(a.k.a the axles). if you've gone to 25 spline front its easier. you also need impreza or legacy front struts. and the EA top strut mount holes (on the body) need to be drilled out a little bit(a little bigger size). try loking for thread/posts by me/tex/cobobaroo/subie_styles about this stuff.

~Josh~

on an EA81 car, its hard to do in the front but the back is as simple as doing a rear disc brake converison. The hardest part from what I understand, is the fact that you have to ream out the hole for the balljoints in the control arms so you can use the stock EA81 control arms, since the EA82 control arms won't bolt in. After that, I believe with some slight modifications to the knuckles/struts, it'll work relativily easy.

• 2 months later...

Its the CV axels that dont fit in the EA81 car they are all to long for the smaller car you will need to cut them down or get custom shafts built . the rest can be easyly moded to fit the car if you dont mind cutting , welding and drilling,:brow: