Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Simple question on my torque bind issue.

Ok...I have a 95 Impreza L that I need that has a very slight jerking at low speeds....

I know what to do to address the torque bind but I also have a vent plate/seperator plate leak that I have to address.

My question is,

1)Is it easier to drop the transmission or lift the engine to address the plate.

2)If I do either, will I lose my tranny fluid? Ie....should I wait three weeks address the torque bind (when I'm having my mechanic friend come and do it with me) or is it SO important to address the torque bind quickly.

Thanks - Justin

if youare working on the trans wait and do it then al at once.

by the way you don't have to start a new theread for each question.

Ok...I have a 95 Impreza L that I need that has a very slight jerking at low speeds....

I know what to do to address the torque bind but I also have a vent plate/seperator plate leak that I have to address.

My question is,

1)Is it easier to drop the transmission or lift the engine to address the plate.

2)If I do either, will I lose my tranny fluid? Ie....should I wait three weeks address the torque bind (when I'm having my mechanic friend come and do it with me) or is it SO important to address the torque bind quickly.

Thanks - Justin