Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How much would you pay for my 2000 Subaru Legacy! TAKE A LOOK PLEASE! MANY UPGRADES!

Hey guys. How much would you spend on my 2000 Subaru Legacy with 116,000 miles and no accidents. Take a look before you tell me. I was kind of thinking about selling it. Even if you arent looking for a subaru legacy, please tell me what you would be willing to pay if you were. Thanks a ton (LINK BELOW).

-MY CAR DOMAIN PAGE-

i'd hate to say it, but modified cars are worth one thing to one person and a completely different amount to another. look to get 8k, maybe 9, but realistically, your best offer might be less than blue book.

case in point: i wandered onto ebay one day and browsed the legacy and outback sections and found a 97 outback, white, with the same spec as mine (albeit, no cold weather pack.) the owner had swapped in a wrx motor, greddy turbo kit, fmic, the works (10k's worth of goodies:burnout:). auction price: 5200. blue book private party: 5900. so 10k of modifications equals -700 on the open market

i do know that ebay usually doesn't sell vehicles at the right price for the seller, but its the only way i can put it in perspective....

is the other legi in the background your's? i do like the color (what is it? repaint or factory midnight blue?), but i'm not too fond of the interior (i'm a little obsessive complusive about my interior matching....)

its a nice legacy, and i hope you get over blue book for it

Well, the long story is very complicated. The short one is that i love sportbikes. I have been a BIG Subaru enthusiast for a while and I would never sell it for under a price that I thought was low. I am not really in sell mode right now, I'm just thinking about it. I will probably end up keeping my Subaru (which I love, don't get me wrong) and just try and save up some money until im 18 and get a sportbike. Everytime I have a good hunk of money, I go and sped it on my car! Haha..

Ya its factory midnight blue. I believe its called deep sapphire blue or somehting of that nature. Ya, the grey seats and such don't match to well. The theme colors inside the car are pretty much grey and black while the outside is black and dark blue. Thanks for the blue book comment.

Remove all the aftermarket parts to bring it back to stock. Then sell the parts on eBay, you'd be many dollars ahead.

The quality of work and parts varies so much that most people shy away from modified cars.

I do not think that selling to subaru enthusiast will be worth the money. He/she will generally be able to figure out a lot about condition of the car and bargain accordingly.

I think you are better off selling it to regular folk, but for that you'd have to return the car to as close to stock as you can, even if you'll have to buy some parts for that (like oem wheels).

I personally wouldn't buy a car if I knew that some 18 year old kid messed with it.

Right now I would expect the engine, clutch and tranny syncros to be abused, and would adjust the price down accordingly.

At 116k I'd say the condition of the car will affect the price a lot. If you have done belts/seals and stuff recently, changed the clutch etc and bring the car to stock (or at least put oem steering wheel/airbag, remove short shifter) - you can expect price around good-exc condtion on KBB.

So If I personally had to sell it - I'd return it to stock and sell it off craigslist/local paper.

P.S. And I would never understand mods like removing driver airbag for a fancier steering wheel.

P.S. And I would never understand mods like removing driver airbag for a fancier steering wheel.

to one his own opinion. some like, some don't like, but we aren't judging his car like that.

you should aim for a teenager to buy it, for all the reasons stated above. unfortunately, teens have no money, so don't get ripped off too badly.

let your step dad help in negotiations. who's on the title? might help deter away the thought that an 18 year old has been driving it like a video game if his parents are on the ownership end.

and use any other psychology tricks. thats what car selling is all about - psyching out the other party. welcome to the experience....

This car has many amazing mods done to it........like previous mentioned by others, modified cars mean something completely different to a buyer. Most Subaru enthusiasts like us aren't looking to purchase such vehicles, as the reason why we love subaru is nowhere to be found on your legacy. It looks pretty swift and i like how it's tastefully done, but you put in a lot of time, money and work into something that's going to be worthless to the subaru world.

I'll give you my 97 zx6r(f) for it...hehe.

I say just hold on to it....take good care of it and enjoy the work you put into it.

I bought my bike for two grand and worked on it a bunch and now I have a great bike (with mods that I wanted) and some good experience working with bikes.....I know you can get a great earlier bike, in great shape for less than 2000 grand..(I almost bought a 90 CBR 600R for 1600, in near perfect condition)

Also...unless you have a good amount of experience riding street bikes (and I would argue dirt bikes only help a little) you don't want a $9000 '06 which you 95% chance drop. Also, I'd warn againist starting on anything other than a 250 for a year..but then...I play it safe....I like my life.