Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The choices...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after careful ocnsideration, and many math headaches...the stock 'flat' manifold is just fine. However, I will be bolting a WRX throttlebody onto it to use the MAP sensor and the Idle control valve for the AEM....so I am going to be making a really trick adapter tube for it.

;)

WJM

I was thinking about doing an EA82T too, but I decided against it.

I dunno, it just seems to me like EA engines are workhorses and nothing else. I love EA Subarus, I own two. They're charismatic, quirky, and fun to drive in their own right. But they're not fast :-\. They were never intended for speed. If Subaru wanted them to make big power, they would have done a little better than 2-valve heads and 3-bearing bottom ends.

I'm now getting ready to do an EJ turbo project, but it will be a very weird EJ turbo project, that no one would "bother" doing...

Not fast huh?

You can tell that to all the WRXs and STi's I've outran with it in the past.

And YES it was reliable for that time. I put 20k miles on it before something happened that it was down for more than a day.....and even then it wasnt something related to the engine internal peices...it was the turbo coolant pipe rubbing on the header, hole was made...leak was created.

240 crank hp and 320 crank tq is not something to shake a stick as...especially with only 2490 lbs of weight with AWD.:burnout:

Not intended to be fast... There, how's that? :lol:

I know how fast your cars were Will. I ran the Dragon once with you, remember? :)

The only thing is though, getting 250hp out of an EA82T and making it reliable (as in, last longer than 20-30k miles) is a LOT of work and hassle. There isn't an EJ engine out there that couldn't make 250hp reliably, provided it's tuned right. Even a turbo'ed NA.