Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 legacy upholstery repair/replacement?

:headbang:

hey there. very newbish to the boards. first i'd like to say it's awsome to find this place. i know little about maintenance when it comes to cars. i love the 95 legacy i picked up from a friend (for a whopping hundred bucks too!). minor rust patches, none all the way through. thanks to this board i have a grasp on how to get this taken care of. same with the yellowing of the headlight(that's right, just one had light, strange). i also learned of the subaru virgin switch on the steering column :) great place. thanks to the heavy contributors..

ok. i've done some searching, and i haven't read much to the effect of replacing/repairing the upholstry. the friend that owned this car before me was a smoker, and there's a few burns. here's a few pictures i took with my cell.

driver side near switches on the door

driver-door.jpg

rear seat on passenger side

passenge-rear-seat.jpg

the front seats are pretty bad too, but i managed to just throw on some very generic 2tone (black and grey) covers. Having a hard time finding a cover for the rear seat, however this won't solve the nasty marks on the doors. the carpets are nothing to brag about either, but i figure one step at a time :) any suggestions?

The fabric panels can be replaced, just screwed in from the back.

Seat covers come off without too much problem and wash up nice. Sorry this was not a few months ago, I tossed a complete set from a 96 cause no one wanted them.

The fabric panels can be replaced, just screwed in from the back.

Seat covers come off without too much problem and wash up nice. Sorry this was not a few months ago, I tossed a complete set from a 96 cause no one wanted them.

:( oh well. i'll try the ole rug doctor this weekend to see how much better they look. i dont really like the color too much so i deffinately want to try to find a slip cover like i did for the fronts. thanks for the input

almost ant legacy seat will bolt right in, some seats will have height adjustments, check the junkyards, get leather fronts.

:( oh well. i'll try the ole rug doctor this weekend to see how much better they look. i dont really like the color too much so i deffinately want to try to find a slip cover like i did for the fronts. thanks for the input

what does it take to get to the screws holding the panels on? would a haynes manual help me? i'm more than willing to get one, no sense having to post every little thing on here if i can read it from a book. also curious if anybody's done any pc rigs in their cars before? friend of a friend did one i guess and it sound pretty bad rump roast.

you have to remove the inside door panel, ther are a couple of screws , one at door opener, one behind button below grab handle. then it up snaps across the bottom. you have to slowly work it off the opener and up off of the door it self. it may help to remove the triangle cover hiding mirror mounting screws.

disconnect the window switch wiring. now the fabric panel will be obvious.

what does it take to get to the screws holding the panels on? would a haynes manual help me? i'm more than willing to get one, no sense having to post every little thing on here if i can read it from a book. also curious if anybody's done any pc rigs in their cars before? friend of a friend did one i guess and it sound pretty bad rump roast.