Ultimate Subaru Message Board

:headbang: 8) I have a question regarding the ventilation system on my '06 Baja. It seems like when I open the vents for just fresh air (no AC or heat turned on) the air that enters the cabin still seems warmer then the outside temperature. Is there something on our Subarus that keeps the air entering the cabin at a certain temp? Sometimes I just want cool fresh air entering my vehicle and it seems to be warmer then it is outside. I notice this in the mornings when it is cold outside. I need to take a refrigeration thermometer and stick it in the vents and see how warm the air actually is. It feels like it is in the 60's, even if it is like 40 outside. Is it just my imagination or is this a Subaru characteristic. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Spacinjason

'06 Bja Turbo MT[/b]

:headbang: 8) I have a question regarding the ventilation system on my '06 Baja. It seems like when I open the vents for just fresh air (no AC or heat turned on) the air that enters the cabin still seems warmer then the outside temperature. Is there something on our Subarus that keeps the air entering the cabin at a certain temp? Sometimes I just want cool fresh air entering my vehicle and it seems to be warmer then it is outside. I notice this in the mornings when it is cold outside. I need to take a refrigeration thermometer and stick it in the vents and see how warm the air actually is. It feels like it is in the 60's, even if it is like 40 outside. Is it just my imagination or is this a Subaru characteristic. Thanks in advance for any replies!

Spacinjason

'06 Bja Turbo MT[/b]

Subaru does not use a heater control valve so the heater core is always at engine coolant temperature. Even though the temperature blend door in the A/C-heater plenum is at "full cold" position (temperature control all the way in the blue range) a tiny bit of the heater core heat still comes thru. It's more obvious if you've driven for awhile, shut the engine off, then come back to the vehicle about 15 minutes later and restart it. All that heater core heat has to go somewhere and you can feel a little bit of it thru the vents even with the control on full cold.